Russell at Newport Predictions

Cubster

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew he played a bunch as a Frosh and Soph, but for some reason I thought he was the #2 option those two years. My Russell memory that far back is a little weak since Lloyd couldn't seem to beat Mason to face you guys...

;)

Yeah I actually think he was the featured back as a sophomore, he had a nice game and had over 100 yards on NHS in first round playoffs back in 02 and we had a nice run d that year.

Yeah I actually think he was the featured back as a sophomore, he had a nice game and had over 100 yards on NHS in first round playoffs back in 02 and we had a nice run d that year.

Joss Gross didnt go to Wv to play football he went to Georgetown, KY to play for the Tigers But he tore his hamstring I heard he'll probly play next season. Im not sure if that was who u was talking about but if not my bad.

Joss Gross didnt go to Wv to play football he went to Georgetown, KY to play for the Tigers But he tore his hamstring I heard he'll probly play next season. Im not sure if that was who u was talking about but if not my bad.
Not who we're talking about...

Yea i think we threw 3 times and 2 TDS, not a bad ratio for the night. AND yea I will say it, I heard that the crew was from Pikeville tonight.

officials were from Pikeville and may I say, I thought they called a very good game. More fouls than I would have liked, but they were all there.. good game for the zebras.

officials were from Pikeville and may I say, I thought they called a very good game. More fouls than I would have liked, but they were all there.. good game for the zebras.

I thought the 2 personal fouls were questionalble. One was on the QB on a misdirection play in the backfield and the other on the sidelines.

Newport, no doubt has good athletes. They always do. I think what GOREDDEVILS is trying to say is that Russell's team speed is hard to match. The front seven on defense, while not big, are very strong and very quick.

If there is one team in the Region this year that can match speed it's Newport. Remember James Glenn was out for the game with Fleming, but returned with a bang vs East...

I thought the 2 personal fouls were questionalble. One was on the QB on a misdirection play in the backfield and the other on the sidelines.

I thought one pass interference was questionable to over on Mercers side I thought Russell deflected that without interference that gave them a first down and led to there first score since it put them near the goal line.Otherwise it would have beeen 4th down.

I thought one pass interference was questionable to over on Mercers side I thought Russell deflected that without interference that gave them a first down and led to there first score since it put them near the goal line.Otherwise it would have beeen 4th down.

The ball was almost intercepted. The officials must have ruled the defender behind the reciever interfered before the defender in front touched it. I too thought it was questionable.