Russell at Newport Predictions

Cubster

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having the privilige to watch Fleming play against both teams, I have to go with Russell. I know that Glenn did not play against Fleming, but I don't think he would change my opinion in this game. I watched Fleming play man to man on Newport the entire game and the only balls Newport caught were on screen passes. I think Hesch had around 65 yards in that game. The Russell secondary is the best in the region and you pair that with the heat the front and Lb's bring and your passing game is in trouble! Newport does have a big line and Glenn is quick and Wilfong runs hard, but they are not the best that Russell have played this year (in my opinion).

Defensively, I don't think Newport will be able to consistently stop the Russell ground game. They are so sound and they will just continue to pick away at you all night.

My predicted score:

Russell 42

Newport 14

Again, it is not because Newport is that bad it is because Russell is that GOOD! :thumb:

After having the privilige to watch Fleming play against both teams, I have to go with Russell. I know that Glenn did not play against Fleming, but I don't think he would change my opinion in this game. I watched Fleming play man to man on Newport the entire game and the only balls Newport caught were on screen passes. I think Hesch had around 65 yards in that game. The Russell secondary is the best in the region and you pair that with the heat the front and Lb's bring and your passing game is in trouble! Newport does have a big line and Glenn is quick and Wilfong runs hard, but they are not the best that Russell have played this year (in my opinion).

Defensively, I don't think Newport will be able to consistently stop the Russell ground game. They are so sound and they will just continue to pick away at you all night.

My predicted score:

Russell 42

Newport 14

Again, it is not because Newport is that bad it is because Russell is that GOOD! :thumb:

He didnt have that many yards passing against Fleming due to 1) he didnt throw a whole lot and 2) He had a lot of drops, recievers didnt catch the ball well that game.

Hesch is pretty smart quarterback and is pretty good at not making bad decisions. He hasnt throw many pics at all this year. I understand Russell's D is good but i will tell you that Newports O line is very good and alot better than Flemings so dont think cuz you got in the backfield against them that it will be that easy this week. The hogs up front from Newport have been getting it done this year.

Although I would prolly be surprised if Newport won, I dont think it will be a blow out.

He didnt have that many yards passing against Fleming due to 1) he didnt throw a whole lot and 2) He had a lot of drops, recievers didnt catch the ball well that game.

Hesch is pretty smart quarterback and is pretty good at not making bad decisions. He hasnt throw many pics at all this year. I understand Russell's D is good but i will tell you that Newports O line is very good and alot better than Flemings so dont think cuz you got in the backfield against them that it will be that easy this week. The hogs up front from Newport have been getting it done this year.

Although I would prolly be surprised if Newport won, I dont think it will be a blow out.

How does Newports line compare to Mercer Co's?

There o-line must not be to much better than Flemings if they couldnt produce more than 16 points on Fleming.

There o-line must not be to much better than Flemings if they couldnt produce more than 16 points on Fleming.

Had nothing to do with the O line they blocked pretty good. They were able to get there back up tail back over 100 yards and gave him plenty of time to throw. They were just off that night and dropped alot of balls that could have broke the game open.

#45 fullback #18 Sizemore wr The rest are just RBs

Maybe they wont have an answer for them, but I think playing a running team like Russell suits them better than a passing team does. Going to be tough to stop the devils cuz they are good at what they do but I still think it will be a good game. I would be surprised if our boys won but I hope that they atleast give you guys all you want and then some.