Pony Express (SMU '81) vs Fast and Furious (Alabama '10) better RB Duo?

Jumper_Dad

Which Duo is better?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duo is better?

• Dickerson and James (SMU '81) Pony Express
    • Ingram and Richardson (Bama '10) Fast and Furious

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I wasn't alive for the Pony Express but I will take Ingram and Richardson over them. Dickerson was the best of the bunch, but this is a duo comparison.

Some other RB duos that compare I think are Run-DMC and Jones, and what about the Cadillac and Ronnie Brown at Auburn? People forget about them because they have fallen off in the NFL and not lived up to expectations. But Ingram and Richardson will go down as the best I think.

Don't forget Brandon Jacobs was also in that backfield at one point.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I wasn't alive for the Pony Express but I will take Ingram and Richardson over them. Dickerson was the best of the bunch, but this is a duo comparison.

Some other RB duos that compare I think are Run-DMC and Jones, and what about the Cadillac and Ronnie Brown at Auburn? People forget about them because they have fallen off in the NFL and not lived up to expectations. But Ingram and Richardson will go down as the best I think.

Little side note I was thinking about yesterday... in thinking about the Run-DMC/Jones combo, everyone forgets about Peyton Hillis who has turned out to be a good back in his own right. Looks like D-Mac is finally coming around. Who knows about Jones? Hit or miss.

Reggie Bush/Lendale White?

That was a pretty strong duo in college. They deserve to be mentioned, whether you think they're the best or not.

In 2005, they combined for 3739 total yards and 44 TD's on 8.3 yards per touch. I'm guessing they stack up statistically with any pair.

Don't forget Brandon Jacobs was also in that backfield at one point.

Yes he was. There just wasn't enough footballs to go around, but that team did go undefeated and didn't get a chance to play for the MNC. No way would an SEC team get left out now though, crazy how things change.

Little side note I was thinking about yesterday... in thinking about the Run-DMC/Jones combo, everyone forgets about Peyton Hillis who has turned out to be a good back in his own right. Looks like D-Mac is finally coming around. Who knows about Jones? Hit or miss.

Jones just isn't an every down back. He was great in college, but you have to be able to do a little bit of everything to be an effective every down back in the NFL. Another year in college might not have hurt him.

Reggie Bush/Lendale White?

For that one year, that is my pick. Followed by Run DMC and Jones. I am too young to really remember The Pony Express so I can't vote for them. I think Ingram and Richardson could be better, but we have to play the season out to see as this will be their last year together I'm sure.

I'll nominate one few are thinking about.

From Syracuse University: Larry Csonka and Floyd Little. Shared the same backfield in '65 and '66.

Over their 3 year careers:

Csonka rushed for 2,934 yards and scored 19 TD's

Little rushed for 2,704 yards, caught 50 passes for 582 yards and scored 39 TD's

These duos may crack the top 10:

OJ Simpson and Hatz.

Barry Sanders and Jumper_Dad

Herschel Walker and me.

Only if O.J. goes through a metal detector before each game. :D

His idea of "I've got your back" worries me a bit. :walk: