Is Boise St. the real deal?

katbird

I knew someone would bring this up. VT couldn't, and they're pretty darn good. No excuses besides Boise was better. Can't use the "one game" line because it was both of their's first game. Can't use "their conference beats each other up all season long". Boise may not deserve to be in the national championship game but there's no way someone could seriously say they can't play with any team in the country.

I can and did. If they played an SEC schedule they would lose min of 3 games.

Again, VT doesn't have to get up for just one game. They had this game, Miami, GT, UNC, BC, ect... Boise has to get up for VT and Oregon St, 2 games against ranked opponents. Name me one top ten team that wouldn't go undefeated with Boise's schedule.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, VT doesn't have to get up for just one game. They had this game, Miami, GT, UNC, BC, ect... Boise has to get up for VT and Oregon St, 2 games against ranked opponents. Name me one top ten team that wouldn't go undefeated with Boise's schedule.

Virginia Tech?

Very prepared. You've got all the spring and fall to work on it. Instead of a week to prepare for the team.

Except for the fact that you don't know what that team has added since the season before, or much about the newer players coming in. Or the bad things that happen in week one such as bad snaps, penalties, and blown assignments that are much more prevalent in the early part of the season. Plus, you have to worry about getting ready for the season too. It's not like VT was the only thing Boise worked on this off-season.

Since 2006, Boise St. Has lost a total of FOUR games. Let me say that one more time...FOUR games since 2006. THREE of which came in one season. So, 3years of the past four, Boise has lost a total of one game. I don't care who you are, who you play, where you play, or when you play. That is pretty darned impressive. Some of you people make it sound like Boise St can't play with the big boys because they whip up on all the small guys and that's just too easy. What else are they supposed to do? Go undefeated and win a couple BCS bowls? Check. Start off the season with a win against a top 10 team from a BCS conference? Check. Be the winningest team of the decade? Check. What more do you guys want?

How can you say it doesn't matter who you play? So if USC played Boise's schedule and went undefeated it wouldn't change what USC did? Are you serious?

Since 2006 Boise has played a total of 7 ranked opponents including bowl games. There are teams that come close to playing that many in one year. Bama as of right now has 5 on their schedule. LSU has 6, UNC has 5, Miami has 6. Try agian. If you honestly don't think there are at least 20 teams that would have the same if not better record then Boise from 2006-now with Boise's schedule you just simply don't know much about college football.

You simply don't know that. I know this, VT had to get up for ONE game and they couldn't win it. If you think this team and these coaches were looking at their ACC schedule prior to this game, you don't know coaches.

Also, there's a reason the coaches have them ranked fifth. Because the people that know football know that they need to be taken seriously. That should explain everything.

I only see four schools there....and of those 4, Bama went 6-7 in 2006 so I don't know how you can say them. USC last year was an absolute disappointment. Florida with Tebow would be comparable, and maybe Texas...you have 18 more schools to name...

True, and Bama didn't play La. Tech, Idaho, Utah St., New Mexico St. either. Again USC didn't play those 4 teams mentioned, they played a tougher schedule. Take the 4 schools previously mentioned and play Boise's schedule. Heck, UK would be favored in 10 of the 12 games on Boise's schedule. Nebraska could run the table, WVU could run the table, Iowa,

Except for the fact that you don't know what that team has added since the season before, or much about the newer players coming in. Or the bad things that happen in week one such as bad snaps, penalties, and blown assignments that are much more prevalent in the early part of the season. Plus, you have to worry about getting ready for the season too. It's not like VT was the only thing Boise worked on this off-season.

Are you serious? That was Boise's season last night. If they lose that game no way do they make it to the NC game. Everything was on the line last night for Boise. And you seen bad snaps, penalties, missed/blown assignments last night that lead to a 17 point lead for Boise.

Are you serious? That was Boise's season last night. If they lose that game no way do they make it to the NC game. Everything was on the line last night for Boise. And you seen bad snaps, penalties, missed/blown assignments last night that lead to a 17 point lead for Boise.

Well I expect Boise to have a let down next week then, since their season is pretty much over.

True, and Bama didn't play La. Tech, Idaho, Utah St., New Mexico St. either. Again USC didn't play those 4 teams mentioned, they played a tougher schedule. Take the 4 schools previously mentioned and play Boise's schedule. Heck, UK would be favored in 10 of the 12 games on Boise's schedule. Nebraska could run the table, WVU could run the table, Iowa,

Right, USC lost to POWERHOUSE Arizona, perennial title contender Stanford, and the untouchable 7 loss Washington Huskies. Go ahead, you are still only at 2 teams named...18 to go...

I'm not willing to place Boise in the title game just yet but they are on the fast track. Oregon St and Fresno are their biggest opponents, both on the blue stuff, so it looks pretty good for them. I think we all know/think they would not be as successful in a BCS conference, but they can only schedule a few non conference games, and at this point I don't think too many teams want to take on that challenge. Someone earlier stated that USC had no problem traveling to play OSU, then asked why Boise wouldn't be willing to travel to USC for a game. I don't think too many big boys want an upstart like Boise coming to town with the true possibility of a "L". In a perfect world we would have a playoff, then we could see if they have what it takes, winning three or four games against the BCS crew but the powers that be don't want that so we have to deal with computers and grad assistants filling out the polls. You may not respect BS but I'm sure many in the know sure do.

I'm not willing to place Boise in the title game just yet but they are on the fast track. Oregon St and Fresno are their biggest opponents, both on the blue stuff, so it looks pretty good for them. I think we all know/think they would not be as successful in a BCS conference, but they can only schedule a few non conference games, and at this point I don't think too many teams want to take on that challenge. Someone earlier stated that USC had no problem traveling to play OSU, then asked why Boise wouldn't be willing to travel to USC for a game. I don't think too many big boys want an upstart like Boise coming to town with the true possibility of a "L". In a perfect world we would have a playoff, then we could see if they have what it takes, winning three or four games against the BCS crew but the powers that be don't want that so we have to deal with computers and grad assistants filling out the polls. You may not respect BS but I'm sure many in the know sure do.

I think Boise has trouble getting teams to agree to a return trip to the blue turf. If they're willing to play the big boys on their home field with nothing in return, then I think they can get more big games. Of course, I don't blame them for wanting a home game at some point. And, I also don't blame a BCS power for not wanting to do it. It's the nature of the beast.

All Boise State can do is win the games they've got and hope the chips fall in the right place. It looks like there's a chance for that to happen in 2010. We can debate whether they deserve it, but they wouldn't be the first "undeserving" team picked for the title game, IMO.