Is Boise St. the real deal?

katbird

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Boise St. They get no respect nationally and they can really play..:ylsuper:

They get too much respect nationally. They can play with the best from time to time bu no way would they do that consistently. I saw a stat a few months ago that they are like 2 games over .500 against BCS conference opponents since 2003 or 2004.

They get too much respect nationally. They can play with the best from time to time bu no way would they do that consistently. I saw a stat a few months ago that they are like 2 games over .500 against BCS conference opponents since 2003 or 2004.

I think they would be "in the running" for top 3 in most BCS conferences. If they switched places with Ohio St. this year, I think they would lose two games at least this year. If they switched with Florida, I'd say two also.

I think they would be "in the running" for top 3 in most BCS conferences. If they switched places with Ohio St. this year, I think they would lose two games at least this year. If they switched with Florida, I'd say two also.

Some years sure. But year in year out they wouldn't be a top 25 team in a power conference. Put them in the SEC West this year in place of Ole Miss or MS State and they very well might finish 5th in the division. They have their years, but they couldn't win consistently in a major conference. They'd be in the conference title race every 3 or 4 years which is really good but not every year like they are in the WAC.

Some years sure. But year in year out they wouldn't be a top 25 team in a power conference. Put them in the SEC West this year in place of Ole Miss or MS State and they very well might finish 5th in the division. They have their years, but they couldn't win consistently in a major conference. They'd be in the conference title race every 3 or 4 years which is really good but not every year like they are in the WAC.

I agree 100%. Tech sure isn't helping our argument tonight though. On cue #94 from Boise St and of Blount fame just got a personal foul.

Don't you think they would be able to recruit better if they were in the Pac-10 or Big XII? They've already proven themselves capable, I would think they would just get even better players. I think you have to consider them one of the 3-7 best teams in the country.

Don't you think they would be able to recruit better if they were in the Pac-10 or Big XII? They've already proven themselves capable, I would think they would just get even better players. I think you have to consider them one of the 3-7 best teams in the country.

Today, this year sure I would. But long term no. A few years ago we all felt Louisville was one of the top 10 programs in the country. But fact is programs like this rise and fall. Boise State is a lot closer to go back to being a nobody than they are to becoming a permanent power.