Is Boise St. the real deal?

katbird

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beat Oklahoma in '07, so they've been contending for 3+ years.

Boise State beat Oklahoma in the 2006 season.

Number of ranked teams Boise State played in season, excluding bowl game.

2006- 0

2007- 0

2008- 1 ( #17 Oregon) + #11 TCU in Bowl Game

2009- 1 ( #16 Oregon) + #4 TCU in Bowl Game

2010- 2 ( #10 VT, #24 Oregon State)

Not exactly contending if you ask me. Considering they play in such a weak conference they need to schedule some tougher opponents and outside of this year they have not.

Not sure I see where they've been contending since 2007 though.

Boise State beat Oklahoma in the 2006 season.

Number of ranked teams Boise State played in season, excluding bowl game.

2006- 0

2007- 0

2008- 1 ( #17 Oregon) + #11 TCU in Bowl Game

2009- 1 ( #16 Oregon) + #4 TCU in Bowl Game

2010- 2 ( #10 VT, #24 Oregon State)

Not exactly contending if you ask me. Considering they play in such a weak conference they need to schedule some tougher opponents and outside of this year they have not.

Not sure I see where they've been contending since 2007 though.

I think they try and schedule as tough out of conference as they can. I mean they are playing at Ole Miss next year for free with no return game. They just have a massive problem getting BCS schools to schedule them.

I think they try and schedule as tough out of conference as they can. I mean they are playing at Ole Miss next year for free with no return game. They just have a massive problem getting BCS schools to schedule them.

Yeah, I think part of the reason they can't get as tough as schedule as they would like is because some of the bigger BCS schools don't want to play them. At least it seems.

Right and I agree with that, that's why I said they now need to contend for the next 4 or 5 years. These prior years can not be used because of the lack of scheduling.