Is Boise St. the real deal?

katbird

Any one can get up for one game. Try doing it week in and week out. Boise's a fraud when discussing if they belong in the NT game, I don't care if they run the table or not. I am tired of the "no one will play us" crap. I have a real hard time believing a team like USC will go to Columbus but won't have Boise come to LA. Or a Texas for that matter. Boise has no excuse for playing OOC games against the likes of Wyoming and Toledo when they play in what is basically a FCS conference.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one can get up for one game. Try doing it week in and week out. Boise's a fraud when discussing if they belong in the NT game, I don't care if they run the table or not. I am tired of the "no one will play us" crap. I have a real hard time believing a team like USC will go to Columbus but won't have Boise come to LA. Or a Texas for that matter. Boise has no excuse for playing OOC games against the likes of Wyoming and Toledo when they play in what is basically a FCS conference.

I knew someone would bring this up. VT couldn't, and they're pretty darn good. No excuses besides Boise was better. Can't use the "one game" line because it was both of their's first game. Can't use "their conference beats each other up all season long". Boise may not deserve to be in the national championship game but there's no way someone could seriously say they can't play with any team in the country.

I knew someone would bring this up. VT couldn't, and they're pretty darn good. No excuses besides Boise was better. Can't use the "one game" line because it was both of their's first game. Can't use "their conference beats each other up all season long". Boise may not deserve to be in the national championship game but there's no way someone could seriously say they can't play with any team in the country.

I totally agree...

Speaking of Ohio State, they don't even leave Columbus until October. If you want a cupcake schedule, look no farther than the Luckeyes. Boise could easily run the table with their schedule. They opened with Marshall, then get the U on their home field, then it's MAC city as they host Ohio U and E. Michigan. Give me a break. Boise traveled across the country and beat a very good team with 80K plus cheering against them. OSU would never be so brave.

They play Miami at home which is correct. And teams like The Ohio State, Bama, Florida, and others earn the right to play a weak OOC because of the Wisconsin's, Iowa's, Penn St.'s on their schedule. Va. Tech maybe the 4th best team in the ACC. I'm sorry didn't OSU go to LA and play USC and to Austin and play TX recently?

It's easy to get up for a game like Va. Tech when you only play one team like them a year. Even last year in the BCS they played another non BCS team. They will go undefeated but IMO will get crushed for the title. I agree, lets see them contend for 4-5 years.

All of the bickering in this thread only proves the need for a playoff, preferably 8 teams. I think all agree teams like Boise are very good, playoff caliber teams, if not among the top two for a BCS championship game. The cream has to rise to the top in conference play just to earn a bid to the postseason, and then you have to win three games for a national championship. It's the only way to do it.

They beat OU a few years ago when they had several weeks to prepare. They beat Va Tech when they had a whole off season to prepare. I'd like to see them play a good team when they have a week to prepare and see how that fair.

They beat OU a few years ago when they had several weeks to prepare. They beat Va Tech when they had a whole off season to prepare. I'd like to see them play a good team when they have a week to prepare and see how that fair.

It was the first week of the season, how prepared could they have been?

Will Oregon St or Fresno St meet your standards of "good"? Or will they not count because it's at home?

Since 2006, Boise St. Has lost a total of FOUR games. Let me say that one more time...FOUR games since 2006. THREE of which came in one season. So, 3years of the past four, Boise has lost a total of one game. I don't care who you are, who you play, where you play, or when you play. That is pretty darned impressive. Some of you people make it sound like Boise St can't play with the big boys because they whip up on all the small guys and that's just too easy. What else are they supposed to do? Go undefeated and win a couple BCS bowls? Check. Start off the season with a win against a top 10 team from a BCS conference? Check. Be the winningest team of the decade? Check. What more do you guys want?

Wasn't there a thread a few months ago about Boise snubbing a small school on their schedule, like bigger schools snub them?

As for this team, they will compete with anyone in the country on any given night, especially at a neutral sight.

They want to end their traditional season ending series with Idaho. This year will be the 40th game. Petersen no longer wants it to be a home and home. He wants it in Boise only.

Will Oregon St or Fresno St meet your standards of "good"? Or will they not count because it's at home?

Oregon St. got beat by TCU (who I predict will play Boise for the NC), they will get beat by Boise, and lose at least 3 games in the PAC-10 which would make them 7-5 I call that average at best. Fresno, beat Cincy, the rest of the season they play at Ole Miss, but Ole Miss doesn't look to be much after this past weekend. Then it's to the all powerful WAC conference. So I would say Fresno is average as well.

Since 2006, Boise St. Has lost a total of FOUR games. Let me say that one more time...FOUR games since 2006. THREE of which came in one season. So, 3years of the past four, Boise has lost a total of one game. I don't care who you are, who you play, where you play, or when you play. That is pretty darned impressive. Some of you people make it sound like Boise St can't play with the big boys because they whip up on all the small guys and that's just too easy. What else are they supposed to do? Go undefeated and win a couple BCS bowls? Check. Start off the season with a win against a top 10 team from a BCS conference? Check. Be the winningest team of the decade? Check. What more do you guys want?

With the schedule they have played, since 2006, I can name you 20 schoools that would have went undefeated too. Bama, Florida, Texas, USC,

With the schedule they have played, since 2006, I can name you 20 schoools that would have went undefeated too. Bama, Florida, Texas, USC,

I only see four schools there....and of those 4, Bama went 6-7 in 2006 so I don't know how you can say them. USC last year was an absolute disappointment. Florida with Tebow would be comparable, and maybe Texas...you have 18 more schools to name...