KY Associated Press Poll Out

LUCK

I support the Royals, but I simply cannot see how Mason County is getting first-place votes at this point in the season.

I agree. We need to see a lot more out of them than we saw last Friday. I'd be hesitent to claim they're the best in their district.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been apparent the last few years that the BGP rankings seem to have become an influence on the AP voters ... I think we all agree that is a good thing.

Definitely. Although there certainly will be some provincial votes late in the season when some unexpected team is sitting 5-2 (and there really isn't much wrong with that). I do like that the BGP rankings are realistic and I also like that AP voters are apparently pursuing numerous avenues of information before casting their vote. Good on both counts!

You know what blows my mind. The fact that some dilrod somewhere looked at his ballot for 5A and thought it made logical sense to put someone other than Highlands at #1.

How many consecutive games has this team won in that division? What is their avg. margin of victory against 5A schools in the past 3 years? What would lead ANYONE to think they aren't rolling to a 15-0 mark again this year??

Boggles the mind.

-CardinalsFan

You know what blows my mind. The fact that some dilrod somewhere looked at his ballot for 5A and thought it made logical sense to put someone other than Highlands at #1.

How many consecutive games has this team won in that division? What is their avg. margin of victory against 5A schools in the past 3 years? What would lead ANYONE to think they aren't rolling to a 15-0 mark again this year??

Boggles the mind.

-CardinalsFan

Find the Bowling Green AP voter(s) and you will likely find your man...

Find the Bowling Green AP voter(s) and you will likely find your man...

They have listed the sources of all the votes at the end of the Rankings. There was no vote cast from Bowling Green. The next most likely culprits would probably be one of the four WKY voters from Henderson, Murray, Hopkinsville, or Paducah. :idunno:

Boggles the mind.

-CardinalsFan

Whats even more amazing is next year they will be in 4A and will probably never loose a game again.....In the history of the world...I mean that..LOL

Whats even more amazing is next year they will be in 4A and will probably never loose a game again.....In the history of the world...I mean that..LOL

I think Highlands will have a tougher time winning state championships in 4A with the likes of Boyle, Bell, Lexcath, an Lone Oak. 4A may be the toughest class top to bottom with the proposed changes.

Boggles the mind.

-CardinalsFan

Wow , I don't believe it. Somebody across the river is showing some respect for Highlands. Have some blue kool-aid ,it's really good !! :D

I think Highlands will have a tougher time winning state championships in 4A with the likes of Boyle, Bell, Lexcath, an Lone Oak. 4A may be the toughest class top to bottom with the proposed changes.
I think they will have a tougher time getting to the championship game. 5A in the east the past 4 years has been a joke (I know i'll get my Johnson Central bashing now).

???

At least I'm not seeing any AP votes for non-existent schools. That's a step forward.

Muhlenberg South got votes last year even though they had consolidated into 6A Muhlenberg County.

There was a running joke that Feds Creek, Lynch, Richmond Madison, and Flaget should have gotten votes too.

Wow , I don't believe it. Somebody across the river is showing some respect for Highlands. Have some blue kool-aid ,it's really good !! :D

Remember...we are comparing Highlands to the rest of the teams in KY 5A.

Let's not forget who that one smudge on their record over the past three years came from. :D

I am a big fan of Highlands. They are winners and they do it the right way. What's not to like?

-CardinalsFan