Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7, Part 2)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well let's hope the Reds can bounce back the next two games. I don't see the Cardinals losing to the Pirates the next two days.

 

Goodnight everyone.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 80.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chapman would be the only one I would replace him with.

 

What about the big ugly one down @ Louisville on rehab?

  • Author
I like Smith, but I also like Fisher. I'm okay with either. My question was centered around Smith's performance (in terms of longevity & pitches thrown) tonight. Since we're still on the West coast, it's not likely that Smith will be replaced. If we were at home, I think Fisher or someone else may very well be on their way up I-71.

 

 

I think he'll be ok after a couple of days off. The Reds will definitely need some solid outings from Wood and Bailey the next two games.

Well let's hope the Reds can bounce back the next two games. I don't see the Cardinals losing to the Pirates the next two days.

 

Goodnight everyone.

 

:thumb: Cards are a lock tomorrow with Wainwright on the hill v. Pitt.

  • Author
What about the big ugly one down @ Louisville on rehab?

 

 

 

Not ready.

What about the big ugly one down @ Louisville on rehab?

 

No chance they bring Harang up right now. He's struggling horribly @ Louisville.

 

I think he'll be ok after a couple of days off. The Reds will definitely need some solid outings from Wood and Bailey the next two games.

 

I think you're right, and at this point, I feel very confident with both of them on the hill.

No chance they bring Harang up right now. He's struggling horribly @ Louisville.

 

 

 

I think you're right, and at this point, I feel very confident with both of them on the hill.

 

I'm sure Louisville would love to see him go as he is trying to ruin their bid for a pennant.

I think there are some interesting decisions for Jocketty to make tomorrow. I can't imagine he wants to give up the nice lead the team has built up by losing 2 more to Frisco and going home with their tails between their legs. No need in giving the Cards something to get excited about.

We need some help in the OF ASAP. Stubbs, Gomes, and Bruce can't go out there every single day with just Heisey spelling.

In Volton's last 34 starts he has failed to make it to the 6th 17 times.

I was really shocked to wake up and see the sun this morning......

I'm not totally concerned with losing 1-2 games to the Giants in this series. I wanted a 6-3 road trip, so I'll be happy. I just hate it because you know Cowherd will jump all over it, and he annoys me to begin with.

  • Author

–The Rpds just announced that Russ Springer had surgery today for a herniated disk. He is done for the season. That opens a 40-man spot. Wladimir Balentien could be added and be here for tomorrows game.

 

–Laynce Nixs ankle injury is not serious he said. I could at least pinch-hit tomorrow, he said.

 

–The Reds will look at bringing up a reliever tomorrow. Were discussing that now, Dusty Baker said. My guess is theyll bring up someone who could go long — Carlos Fisher or a starter — to protect the bullpen. I dont think it will be Aroldis Chapman.

 

 

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/24/sorting-things-out/

–The Rp

–The Reds will look at bringing up a reliever tomorrow. Were discussing that now, Dusty Baker said. My guess is theyll bring up someone who could go long — Carlos Fisher or a starter — to protect the bullpen. I dont think it will be Aroldis Chapman.http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/24/sorting-things-out/

 

When the Reds were in need of set up short relief help several weeks ago, Chapman was passed over because he was a starter. Aroldis is now getting bullpen work in Louisville. We currently need relief help that may include long relief work. Chapman is likely to be passed over again?? If the dude is a starter, wouldn't he be perfectly suited for the occasional long relief stint? Come on Walt we want to see that 102 - 104 mph heater.

  • Author

The Louisville Bats have announced that right-hander Sam LeCure and infielder Chris Valaika were called up by the Reds.

Makes sense: LeCure can go long if Travis Wood has a short outing tonight, and the Reds were going with six outfielders. So if Valaika takes Jim Edmonds spot that gets things in line.

This will be Valaikas first time in the big leagues. He was hitting .304/.330/.408 with four home runs and 53 RBI at Louisville. LeCure was 8-3 with a 3.67 ERA at Louisville.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/24/lecure-valaika-called-up-say-the-bats/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.