August 24, 201016 yr Author Doesn't say what pitcher will be sent out to make room for LeCure. I would say that CC was right last night, and it will be Jordan Smith.
August 24, 201016 yr Doesn't say what pitcher will be sent out to make room for LeCure. I would say that CC was right last night, and it will be Jordan Smith. Unfortunate for Smith, as this means he's likely out of the playoff roster as well. He's going to be a solid arm in the pen for awhile for the Reds IMO.
August 24, 201016 yr The Louisville Bats have announced that right-hander Sam LeCure and infielder Chris Valaika were called up by the Reds. Makes sense: LeCure can go long if Travis Wood has a short outing tonight, and the Reds were going with six outfielders. So if Valaika takes Jim Edmonds spot that gets things in line. This will be Valaikas first time in the big leagues. He was hitting .304/.330/.408 with four home runs and 53 RBI at Louisville. LeCure was 8-3 with a 3.67 ERA at Louisville. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/24/lecure-valaika-called-up-say-the-bats/ I really like both these moves. I assume Edmonds hits the DL, and when they return back home, Cabrera will take Valaika's spot.
August 24, 201016 yr Doesn't say what pitcher will be sent out to make room for LeCure. I would say that CC was right last night, and it will be Jordan Smith. Now that didn't hurt too bad, did it?
August 24, 201016 yr Unfortunate for Smith, as this means he's likely out of the playoff roster as well. He's going to be a solid arm in the pen for awhile for the Reds IMO. I think Smith will be on the playoff roster, but I don't know what corresponding moves will need to be made. It wouldn't surprise me to see Harang land on the 60 day DL, but that wouldn't allow Smith to return to the bigs any sooner. I wonder what type of injury Lecure will suffer?
August 24, 201016 yr Author Now that didn't hurt too bad, did it? I don't know. We'll have to see how LeCure pitches out of the pen, and how Smith responds to being sent down.
August 24, 201016 yr Unfortunate for Smith, as this means he's likely out of the playoff roster as well. He's going to be a solid arm in the pen for awhile for the Reds IMO. I like him as well , he has good stuff and gets a lot of ground ball outs. Maybe a few days down @ Louisville would be good and they can bring him back up when the rosters expand. They do have some options here.
August 24, 201016 yr –The Rpds just announced that Russ Springer had surgery today for a herniated disk. He is done for the season. That opens a 40-man spot. Wladimir Balentien could be added and be here for tomorrows game. –Laynce Nixs ankle injury is not serious he said. I could at least pinch-hit tomorrow, he said. –The Reds will look at bringing up a reliever tomorrow. Were discussing that now, Dusty Baker said. My guess is theyll bring up someone who could go long — Carlos Fisher or a starter — to protect the bullpen. I dont think it will be Aroldis Chapman. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/24/sorting-things-out/ That's a shame about Springer, the team could have used another experienced arm for the playoffs. Short of Arthur and CoCo everybody else lacks a lot of experience. My guess is that they maybe are targeting Harang for some added depth in the pen with experience. He hasn't pitched very well though @ Louisville and he is running out of time to be added to the playoff roster.
August 24, 201016 yr I really hope they do not try and throw Harang out of the pen. My reasoning for that is the same reason why I think Homer would never work in pen. Seems that they get hit harder in first inning than any other. Maybe takes longer to get loose, I do not know. But, I would not like to see either in pen
August 24, 201016 yr Author That's a shame about Springer, the team could have used another experienced arm for the playoffs. Short of Arthur and CoCo everybody else lacks a lot of experience. My guess is that they maybe are targeting Harang for some added depth in the pen with experience. He hasn't pitched very well though @ Louisville and he is running out of time to be added to the playoff roster. Harang is on the DL, so he could be added to the playofff roster at anytime.
August 24, 201016 yr Just a whole mess of stuff going on in the next week with this team. Chapman will be here in a week, patience young grasshopper.
August 25, 201016 yr Who is staying up tonight? I am, but I won't be around the computer during the game. :lol:
August 25, 201016 yr Who is staying up tonight? Going to give it a try, but have a 14 hour day tomorrow...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.