Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7, Part 2)

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm a big Matt Maloney fan. Carlos Fisher would be the obvious choice, but I'm not sure if he's eligible to return to the bigs yet.

 

Also, Sam Lecure & Herrerra are available.

 

Is Owings still an option? I think we have like 2 days remaining to do something with him...

 

 

So you're ready to send Smith back down for those choices? Smith has been very solid up until his last couple of outings. I'm not ready to give up on him. I guess you'll need two of those options. Ondrusek is getting hit hard this inning.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 80.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Reds don't need another outfielder. Jocketty's decision was made easy tonight.

 

Gomes, Stubbs, Heisey & Bruce are enough for you?

The Reds don't need another outfielder. Jocketty's decision was made easy tonight.

 

If they both are out they will need to ad someone else in the OF.

All of a sudden the young phenoms Smith and Ondrusek look very hittable.

  • Author
Gomes, Stubbs, Heisey & Bruce are enough for you?

 

 

Nix twisted his ankle. I don't think he'll need to go on the DL.

So you're ready to send Smith back down for those choices? Smith has been very solid up until his last couple of outings. I'm not ready to give up on him. I guess you'll need two of those options. Ondrusek is getting hit hard this inning.

 

Last 10 games 12.2 innings 13 hits and 8 er 5.68 era.

Blame all of this on Edinson. This could set the tone for this whole series unless Wood and Bailey can give the team 7 innings each the next couple of days.

So you're ready to send Smith back down for those choices? Smith has been very solid up until his last couple of outings. I'm not ready to give up on him. I guess you'll need two of those options. Ondrusek is getting hit hard this inning.

 

I simply asked a question regarding whether or not Smith will get sent down...I didn't say that I would send him down. But, he threw a lot of pitches tonight & likely won't be used for the rest of the SF series.

 

Jordan Smith's numbers in the last 5 games (not including tonight):

8/11: 1 IP, 3 hits, 2 runs, 1 BB

8/13: 1 IP, 1 Hit, 1 K

8/18: 1 IP, 2 Hits, 2 Runs, 1 K (1 HR)

8/19: 2/3 IP, 1 Hit (1 HR), 1 K

8/21: 1/3 IP, 2 Hits, 1 Run

 

That is 6 runs & 9 hits in his last 4 innings. If you include tonight, he's given up 8 runs & 15 hits in his last 8 2/3 innings...

Blame all of this on Edinson. This could set the tone for this whole series unless Wood and Bailey can give the team 7 innings each the next couple of days.

 

The Reds have the next 2 Thursdays off, so the bullpen isn't really a concern to me.

The Reds have the next 2 Thursdays off, so the bullpen isn't really a concern to me.

 

True but it would be nice to get a long outing out of Wood so that Smith, Ondrusek and Bray can take a day or 2 off.

  • Author
Last 10 games 12.2 innings 13 hits and 8 er 5.68 era.

 

 

Like I said he's had a couple of bad outing. He had scoreless outings 4 of those 10 games. He'll be alright. He's still better than the other options mentioned IMO.

The Reds did not have a single baserunner after the 4th inning, when Jay Bruce reached on a broken bat single.

Does anybody know how Springer is progressing and can he be counted on to help the team in Sept.?

  • Author
I simply asked a question regarding whether or not Smith will get sent down...I didn't say that I would send him down. But, he threw a lot of pitches tonight & likely won't be used for the rest of the SF series.

 

Jordan Smith's numbers in the last 5 games (not including tonight):

8/11: 1 IP, 3 hits, 2 runs, 1 BB

8/13: 1 IP, 1 Hit, 1 K

8/18: 1 IP, 2 Hits, 2 Runs, 1 K (1 HR)

8/19: 2/3 IP, 1 Hit (1 HR), 1 K

8/21: 1/3 IP, 2 Hits, 1 Run

 

That is 6 runs & 9 hits in his last 4 innings. If you include tonight, he's given up 8 runs & 15 hits in his last 8 2/3 innings...

 

 

Chapman would be the only one I would replace him with.

I like Smith, but I also like Fisher. I'm okay with either. My question was centered around Smith's performance (in terms of longevity & pitches thrown) tonight. Since we're still on the West coast, it's not likely that Smith will be replaced. If we were at home, I think Fisher or someone else may very well be on their way up I-71.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.