August 24, 201016 yr I think you have to keep Volquez in the rotation. At this point, we'll need him in the rotation if we get into a playoff series... Arroyo, Cueto, Wood. Way to risky to throw Volquez in a playoff series if he can't really get it together soon, he could completely destroy the bullpen in 1 game.
August 24, 201016 yr Author What are the chances Smith is sent down after tonight? He was solid, but there is plenty of pitching waiting in Louisville... Who else is ready besides Chapman?
August 24, 201016 yr Arroyo, Cueto, Wood. Way to risky to throw Volquez in a playoff series if he can't really get it together soon, he could completely destroy the bullpen in 1 game. What about Bailey, he has been strong since coming off the DL and was clearly the best pitcher in Sept. 2009?
August 24, 201016 yr What about Bailey, he has been strong since coming off the DL and was clearly the best pitcher in Sept. 2009? Possibly him but if I am only taking 3 those are the 3 I want.
August 24, 201016 yr Author Enerio Del Rosario, Jared Burton Sub 3 ERA. Burton has not been too bad era around 2.30 Somebody just mentioned the other day that Burton was on the DL in AAA.
August 24, 201016 yr Who else is ready besides Chapman? I'm a big Matt Maloney fan. Carlos Fisher would be the obvious choice, but I'm not sure if he's eligible to return to the bigs yet. Also, Sam Lecure & Herrerra are available. Is Owings still an option? I think we have like 2 days remaining to do something with him...
August 24, 201016 yr Possibly him but if I am only taking 3 those are the 3 I want. Definitely Arroyo and Wood, a good mixture of lefty, righty. If Cueto knocks the rust off and Bailey continues dealing they could get along very nicely without Volquez.
August 24, 201016 yr Somebody just mentioned the other day that Burton was on the DL in AAA. Just looked he is on the DL and hasn't pitched since the 8th.
August 24, 201016 yr No OFs on 40 man who aren't in majors. This could be interesting. There are a few days left to make a move on the waiver wire. We could also bring up Balentein & put Herrera out there...
August 24, 201016 yr Author No OFs on 40 man who aren't in majors. This could be interesting. The Reds don't need another outfielder. Jocketty's decision was made easy tonight.
August 24, 201016 yr No OFs on 40 man who aren't in majors. This could be interesting. Your right it could get real interesting if Nix and Edmonds have to miss extended time. Daniel Herrera can't survive another 40 man change.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.