Two Big Rematches in Louisville Next Friday!

02Ram54

I know that until rrecently Manual has let their stadium that X also calls home fall on hard times. The recent improvements have been great and I hope lioght sare next. But in the 80's and most of the 90's the stadium was in bad shape and I know that always bothered Glaser as he played in the same stadium some while at X. Maybe Iam guessing but that is my opinion. It may be all the CSAA kids on their roster?

The stadium improvements have been continuous the entire time I've been affiliated with Manual. We don't have a big budget for it, but I think that all things considered its been a great success as a project, with a lot more obvious improvements in the future! Some of the improvement money has gone where the casusal fan can't look or doesn't notice, but trust me; there's been a lot of work done.

I think somehow Glaser scrapes by on the scraps that we leave him. :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know alot is made of all the Catholic kids we have at Manual. But that is ignoring the fact of where Manual is located and the historic connection of Manual to the Catholic community. Manual is real close to Germantown and alot of kids that couldn't afford to go to St. X went to Manual. There has always been alot of Catholics at Manual. When I played we joked that there were more Catholics on the Offense line for Manual then there were at St.X. RRR and Ram2003 played for St.Margret Mary's Mustangs but there was never any question that they were going to Manual instead of St.X where our Grandfather played or Trinity where our cousins played. Same with one of the players playing now, he used to come to games as a kid and cheer his cousin on, both were products of Catholic schools both were great football players but both were going to go to Manual not St. X. There are tons of connections between these two schools, infact I would say the only school to have more family connections to either school is Male and Manual.

There is no reason that kids that are Catholic can't take part in the CSAA sports and then go on to a public school program, mostly because there is no room on the Catholic High schools Rosters for playing time if we all went to them. And there is nothing wrong if a kid decides to switch from public to private. What burns people is when a Catholic kid goes to Manual or someother public school because he can't get aid to go to a Catholic school and then there is some non-catholic kids that were in public schools the year before getting enough aid to attend. That is where alot of this stuff comes from. I am not saying that it is unfair but it rubs some people the wrong way.

You could be right. Then again Nichols could say the same thing about Public school kids going to X after never playing in the catholic league or even being a member of a catholic parish. There are examples of that on both teams so I don't think should'could be the reason.

Nichols is not the one continually having to get his kids fired up to beat someone regularly.

You know alot is made of all the Catholic kids we have at Manual. But that is ignoring the fact of where Manual is located and the historic connection of Manual to the Catholic community. Manual is real close to Germantown and alot of kids that couldn't afford to go to St. X went to Manual. There has always been alot of Catholics at Manual. When I played we joked that there were more Catholics on the Offense line for Manual then there were at St.X. RRR and Ram2003 played for St.Margret Mary's Mustangs but there was never any question that they were going to Manual instead of St.X where our Grandfather played or Trinity where our cousins played. Same with one of the players playing now, he used to come to games as a kid and cheer his cousin on, both were products of Catholic schools both were great football players but both were going to go to Manual not St. X. There are tons of connections between these two schools, infact I would say the only school to have more family connections to either school is Male and Manual.

There is no reason that kids that are Catholic can't take part in the CSAA sports and then go on to a public school program, mostly because there is no room on the Catholic High schools Rosters for playing time if we all went to them. And there is nothing wrong if a kid decides to switch from public to private. What burns people is when a Catholic kid goes to Manual or someother public school because he can't get aid to go to a Catholic school and then there is some non-catholic kids that were in public schools the year before getting enough aid to attend. That is where alot of this stuff comes from. I am not saying that it is unfair but it rubs some people the wrong way.

I agree, I was saying what may make Coach G mad. If not for the education of a catholic HS alone, Most are going to send their kids where they have a chance to play.

His judgement is that he probably feels it will give him something ELSE to use as motivation. He will ahve his team so upset that Manual wouldn't let them into the home locker room and not on the home sideline, they had earned that right blah, blah blah. Bottom line is it isn't their stadium. Wait 2-3 years then X can have your place.

Maybe sooner.

Before the Trinity game he always told us to have fun and enjoy the experience more then anything. I don't know what kind of vendetta Coach G has with Manual; maybe it had something to do with Jerry Mayes, former St. X AD. I really can't give an honest answer about this.

:thumb:

I really don't think it has anything to do with Manual. I think it has more to do with Joe Nichols. For what ever reason..Coach Nichols rubs Coach Glaser the wrong way.

He does that to a lot of people.

Nichols is the man. I can see how some people may not hit it off with him, but if you happen to get on his good side, you can appreciate his awesomeness.

He's like a pirate, he's just that cool.