Two Big Rematches in Louisville Next Friday!

02Ram54

I would love to be a fly on the wall to get to hear Glaser's speech before this one. As if he needed any more incentive (imaginary or not) to give a fiery speech before the Manual game. :lol:

I'll second that; Glaser gives his best pregame speech of the season before the Manual game! :fire:

:thumb:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This discussion is amusing but getting old. I am glad it is at Manual close to PJ's for the cards game. Every school has had us by the "area" on scheduling for years, hence plans for new facility in a few years.

If X contains manuals running game we win by 10-14 if not, watch out for a barn burner.

Go Tigers

This discussion is amusing but getting old. I am glad it is at Manual close to PJ's for the cards game. Every school has had us by the "area" on scheduling for years, hence plans for new facility in a few years.

If X contains manuals running game we win by 10-14 if not, watch out for a barn burner.

Go Tigers

St.X is THE best team in the state at stopping the run.They did it last time and they will do it again.Defense wins championships and X has the D to win it again this year even on an off night by the offense.

Wow, you're pretty deep for a guy with a whopping 16 posts. Let me set you straight, I don't have any hatred or fear of the Manual Crimsons. I don't even dislike them. In fact, I hope they win Friday. One bit of advice, take it easy on the sarcasm.

I may only have 16 posts but I'm on here a lot more than I post. Just actually joined in order to post a month or so ago. Thanks for setting me straight. I feel enlightened. Why don't you comment about the other big game that is going on this Friday? By your name I take it that you ARE a Trinity fan/supporter. However, you haven't commented much about that game in this thread. I guess the you all over on Shelbyville Rd aren't concerned about this one, huh?

I'll second that; Glaser gives his best pregame speech of the season before the Manual game! :fire:

Even before the Trinity game? I wonder what is up with that. He must really hate Manual or is it Coach Nichols and his staff.

Even before the Trinity game? I wonder what is up with that. He must really hate Manual or is it Coach Nichols and his staff.

Before the Trinity game he always told us to have fun and enjoy the experience more then anything. I don't know what kind of vendetta Coach G has with Manual; maybe it had something to do with Jerry Mayes, former St. X AD. I really can't give an honest answer about this.

Before the Trinity game he always told us to have fun and enjoy the experience more then anything. I don't know what kind of vendetta Coach G has with Manual; maybe it had something to do with Jerry Mayes, former St. X AD. I really can't give an honest answer about this.

It probably has less to do with anything like that as much as it does with smart coaching. Male and Trinity are probably easier games for the players to "get up" for. Glaser knows Manual brings in a tough team and doesn't want to get caught overlooking them.

I wonder if he's had the same post game experience with Nichols as other coaches have? :sssh:

Coach Nichols, and I know because I asked, has nothing but respect for the staff at St. Xavier and Mike Glaser. Mayes has ALWAYS spoken highly of Glaser.

If only other schools shared Glaser's concern for good form and fair play. :thumb:

I don't think it would be Mayes. Glaser and Mayes are great friends. Glaser spoke at Mayes's suprise birthday party and it was nothing but love. Then again Galser could have just been blowing smoke. It could be that since Nichols has been there, Manual plays X extremely tough with the exception of one year.

I know that until rrecently Manual has let their stadium that X also calls home fall on hard times. The recent improvements have been great and I hope lioght sare next. But in the 80's and most of the 90's the stadium was in bad shape and I know that always bothered Glaser as he played in the same stadium some while at X. Maybe Iam guessing but that is my opinion. It may be all the CSAA kids on their roster?

You could be right. Then again Nichols could say the same thing about Public school kids going to X after never playing in the catholic league or even being a member of a catholic parish. There are examples of that on both teams so I don't think should'could be the reason.