Two Big Rematches in Louisville Next Friday!

02Ram54

There is no High School stadium in the country that would have enough seating for a Manual-St.X , Trinity -Fern Creek double header! X-Manual would be played at Manual would it not? The DH would need at least 20,000 seats. Is Manuals' field in bad condition?
NO not at all, it is not that. The issue is that it is a St. X home game. But St.X if calls Manual and asked if we would go to the visitor locker rooms and have Manual fans sit on the visitors side of the stadium Manual will not agree to it or rent out the stadium under those conditions. You can understand both sides, I mean if I was St. X and had earned Homefield advantage I would want the perks of being the home team. But if I am Manual and I own the stadium and it is our home field I am not going to want to see Tigers in the Joe Hutt Fieldhouse while the Crimsons are in the vistors lockeroom. So the right thing to do is to play it somewhere else and give St. X the homefield they earned while not disrespecting the Crimsons by making them visitors in their own house.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO not at all, it is not that. The issue is that it is a St. X home game. But St.X if calls Manual and asked if we would go to the visitor locker rooms and have Manual fans sit on the visitors side of the stadium Manual will not agree to it or rent out the stadium under those conditions. You can understand both sides, I mean if I was St. X and had earned Homefield advantage I would want the perks of being the home team. But if I am Manual and I own the stadium and it is our home field I am not going to want to see Tigers in the Joe Hutt Fieldhouse while the Crimsons are in the vistors lockeroom. So the right thing to do is to play it somewhere else and give St. X the homefield they earned while not disrespecting the Crimsons by making them visitors in their own house.

I understand the concerns of both sides. This game should be moved. I have heard that St.X is trying to find another venue.

I understand the concerns of both sides. This game should be moved. I have heard that St.X is trying to find another venue.
The word is that they are playing at Manual just like they would under normal conditions if St. X is the home team playing Manual in the regular season. Basically Manual is on the home side and in the Home lockerroom and St.X is incharge of the tickets parking and security and stuff. That was their choice so I am fine with it.

Shame on Manual, they are being pretty childish. If Manual wants all the perks that go with being the home team in the playoffs, try winning the district. As the Smith-Barney guy says "Earn it". X should insist on moving the game.

Shame on Manual, they are being pretty childish. If Manual wants all the perks that go with being the home team in the playoffs, try winning the district. As the Smith-Barney guy says "Earn it". X should insist on moving the game.

Nobody had a problem with the game being moved to neutral site. X chose this. And yeah, I'll be childish, because I'm not going to be sitting on the visiters side of Manual Stadium... I'd imagine you wouldn't want Male to take your home side if they rented out Trinitys stadium and happened to be in the same situation. Plus, it's been that way forever, even if X is the home team, Manual sits on the home side. But X will soon have their own stadium and won't have to put up with such childness, so why bother starting something at this point?

LSU Rock, staying with the theme you started, Shame on St. X for even wanting the home team amenities at MANUAL Stadium. If they want the perks that go with being a home team, Build your own stadium.! Oh, that is right, they are. Until then take what you can get and quit being childish and narrow minded.

:confused: :confused: :confused: They have EVERY RIGHT AND ABILITY to move the game!! This is what both sides agreed to, can you imagine what it would be like to host the Ballard Trinity game at Trinity and tell Trinity fans that they have to sit on the other side of the stadium while Ballard gets their stands, lockerroom and your guys are getting ready in the gym? The Tigers DID win the District out right and it is their home game, but they chose to play it on our homefield. It is and was their choice. I am surprised they did it but that was the option they chose. Manual isn't being childish at all.

If St. X had wanted their own stadium, it would have been built. Truth is there was alot of money saved inrenting Manual Stadium over the years. Think about the actual costs of operations, general maintenance, upkeep, liability, etc. While I am certain the many St. X faithful would have been willing to chip in for a new stadium ( just as they did years back when the fitness facility was erected ) the people that make those decisions evidently did not feel the time right to be right until now.

Nobody had a problem with the game being moved to neutral site. X chose this. And yeah, I'll be childish, because I'm not going to be sitting on the visiters side of Manual Stadium... I'd imagine you wouldn't want Male to take your home side if they rented out Trinitys stadium and happened to be in the same situation. Plus, it's been that way forever, even if X is the home team, Manual sits on the home side. But X will soon have their own stadium and won't have to put up with such childness, so why bother starting something at this point?

"childness"?

The technical definition is "(n.) The manner characteristic of a child".

Sorry... I didn't think it was too big a big word. :thumb:

As a matter of fact, according to Webster it isn't even a word let alone too big a word. Even if it is a word (and not listed in Websters, it could happen) the definition you give hardly makes it appropriate in the sentence. But thats niether here nor there. I have a real problem with how you are treating our friends at X. You gladly take their money but relegate them to second class status in this case. I'm sure they will make you pay in the best way possible by thumping the Crimsons out of the playoffs. They have earned the right to be the home team, in their home away from home. Yet Manual wants to pull rank on X in the only way they can. The class thing to do would be to defer to the district champs, but I guess that would be expecting too much.