Collinsworth Still impressing ND

kyvince

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Rees is a true freshman and assuming ND doesn't redshirt I do not see both of the Cincy boys sticking around.

Yes, Yes, and I guess we will see. Also unless I'm mistaken Montana is also ahead of both the Queen City QB's on the depth chart.

Assuming Rees is a true freshman and assuming ND doesn't redshirt I do not see both of the Cincy boys sticking around.

Massa, I'll agree with you. Was it him or James that chose ND because of the other? Either way I can see him leaving too, unless Kelly uses him somewhere else on the field.

Hendrix I think will at least stay another year maybe two and test the waters. Rees was an early enrollee and thus had an advantage from the beginning. Plus I believe Rees ran the spread in high school. Hendrix will take that into consideration and as he develops maybe will move up. I'm not 100% here but wasn't one of his biggest assets as a prospect his ability to throw on the run? I just think he fits the offense well from what I've heard about him.

Also Montana will never be a starter at ND. If Crist goes down 1st quarter vs Purdue, knock on wood, then I believe Rees will come in, not Montana.

I was never really impressed by either one when I watched them play last year..I couldn't believe ND gave them both scholarships..JMO

Agree! IMO, neither are ND material. Being a life long Irish fan, I get really nervous at who I see Kelly giving scholly's to. I've always thought that the biggest question mark in Brian Kelly is his ability to recruit. Guess we will see.

• 4 months later...
Pete Sampson one of the moderators at Irish Illustrated is reporting that Austin Collinsworth will be switching to safety.

I believe this is a great move for both Austin and Notre Dame..Notre Dame has a ton of really good wideouts.

Pete Sampson one of the moderators at Irish Illustrated is reporting that Austin Collinsworth will be switching to safety.

I have been saying this ever since I saw him walking out of Urban Active a couple of weeks ago.....The boy is freaking huge for Freshman in college right now.....No way he was going to play receiver the way he is bulking up....