Collinsworth Still impressing ND

kyvince

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a picture of Nichols.

[ATTACH]32277[/ATTACH]

You think Tate is big, I just read where Newport Cathlic has a player that is 6'10" 330 lbs.:scared: His name is Gruenschlager (sp). I would think plenty of colleges are looking at this young man.

You think Tate is big, I just read where Newport Cathlic has a player that is 6'10" 330 lbs.:scared: His name is Gruenschlager (sp). I would think plenty of colleges are looking at this young man.

He played last year. He plays some DT, but doesn't move very well. If I'm not mistaken, he's had some foot or ankle issues.

Henry, Great to hear about Austin doing well and when are you going to learn that size doesn't matter???

We've talked about who are the freshmen right now that have to be prepared to play. I'll list them for you. Now things could change. We're only 13 practices into is. But on the offensive side of the ball, TJ Jones, Tommy Rees, Alex Welch, Tate Nichols and Christian Lombard. All five of those guys right now have to be prepared to play. They're playing in a two-deep role in some fashion. (Austin) Collinsworth is someone who's not in the two-deep yet (at receiver), but he's on every special team that we have. So there are six freshmen on offense, and that's the most I've ever had in 20 years of coaching that will be eating breakfast with the team."

It appears both NKY boys have surprised the Irish coaches. That's pretty impressive for both young men.

We've talked about who are the freshmen right now that have to be prepared to play. I'll list them for you. Now things could change. We're only 13 practices into is. But on the offensive side of the ball, TJ Jones, Tommy Rees, Alex Welch, Tate Nichols and Christian Lombard. All five of those guys right now have to be prepared to play. They're playing in a two-deep role in some fashion. (Austin) Collinsworth is someone who's not in the two-deep yet (at receiver), but he's on every special team that we have. So there are six freshmen on offense, and that's the most I've ever had in 20 years of coaching that will be eating breakfast with the team."

From that quote I guess we should not expect to see Hendrix or Massa since he listed only one freshman qb.