Ashland vs. Rockcastle Co. Predictions

Who Wins?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

show me the proof and I will personally apologize Fridaynight. As for someonwe telling you this , well hey my aunt's brother's uncle once told me something too. Don't believe everything you hear. Once again Rockcastle has never had to pay a fine to the KHSAA or was ever even contacted by them last year for anything. It is also common knowledge that a lot of people make up stuff. I guess since you don't have proof you shouldn't just say anything. I think Ashland has a great team and as for last year Rockcastle shouldn't have event been on the same field as Ashland. We played over our heads. We just got outdone in the second half. I won't step down to AT41's level and bad mouth anyone and make false statements.

Im not bad mouthing anyone. And its not a situation of someone "aunts brothers uncle" type folktale. I have heard about the Rockcastle video situation many times, by people who would know, and people who I respect and feel are trustworthy. Every Tuesday a bunch of us meet up in the weightroom and watch film from the previous weeks game. During this time many things get discussed, and last season this situation was one of the things that was discussed. I think that Catdaddy, Graybeard, and maybe some other BGP members were there also. You can believe your sources, I can believe mine. But in no way, shape, or form is this an instance of me making something up. It is something I believe to be true, nothing more, nothing less. You can take that to the bank. :thumb:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be one heck of a game friday night and since my Eagles are no longer playing i guess that im going to make the drive to great Putnam Stadium cause it should be rocking.

As for the game, Rockcastle usually has a stubborn run defense that relies on speed and not missing tackles much like Boyle Co. Dont know if their run defense and defensive speed is what it used to be but if it is this could cause Ashland problems. I look for Ashland to exploit Rocks secondary with Holbrook having a big night. I think the deciding factor in a game that is this close is one thing, Putnam Stadium. Ashland is very tough there and doesnt lose very often while at home. Should be a great one. My Prediction:

Ashland: 28

Rockcastle: 21

Well I dont have any proof like a cancelled check or something, but I do know that it is common knowledge among many people involved with Ashland football that Rockcastle WAS fined by the KHSAA for illegally taping this game. I believe the amount was like $300 or so. I have no reason to believe that the people who first told me about this fine last year would have been lying, they would have had nothing to gain from it, as I have nothing to gain by lying about it on here. I may be able to find out some defnitive answers after tonights Booster Club meeting. But lets get this thread back on track. :thumb:

I have also heard about the incident and the talk of the fine. I wasn't at the meetings so I don't know who said what, however, I do believe that maybe there was some stealing of hand signals. But, whether there was a fine or not I don't know. The dramatic change of the play of the game might indicate that something occurred.

But that all is over with and we shouldn't even be talking about last year. This years game should be a good one also. I still think the Cats will pull this one out at grand ole' Putnam Stadium. :D

Illegal tapes, lies about illegal tapes, stolen hand signals, cheating, lies about cheating, lies about lying, axes ground, lying about cheating with ground axes, lying about illegally ground axes used to chop illegally taped stolen hand signals ...

My head is starting to hurt. :creepy:

I'll take the 'Cats in this one. Legally.

Frances

Nightmare on Elm St. :scared: :scared: :scared:

I agree Frances Tomcats win game. :thumb:

I wouldnt say the Tomcats got cheated in the Rockcastle game, they won! But I dont think it was right at all what took place, and I think its a shame when a team or a coach feels the need to do somthing like this to win a football game. Let the boys play football if you win you win if you loose you loose, but dont loose your class in the process.

I wouldnt say the Tomcats got cheated in the Rockcastle game, they won! But I dont think it was right at all what took place, and I think its a shame when a team or a coach feels the need to do somthing like this to win a football game. Let the boys play football if you win you win if you loose you loose, but dont loose your class in the process.

:thumb: :thumb:

Well said.

Im not bad mouthing anyone. And its not a situation of someone "aunts brothers uncle" type folktale. I have heard about the Rockcastle video situation many times, by people who would know, and people who I respect and feel are trustworthy. Every Tuesday a bunch of us meet up in the weightroom and watch film from the previous weeks game. During this time many things get discussed, and last season this situation was one of the things that was discussed. I think that Catdaddy, Graybeard, and maybe some other BGP members were there also. You can believe your sources, I can believe mine. But in no way, shape, or form is this an instance of me making something up. It is something I believe to be true, nothing more, nothing less. You can take that to the bank. :thumb:

I was there that night to and heard the exact same thing. But that dont matter anymore because it may get ugly on the Rock side when their down 30 and didnt even know how it happened.... GO TOMCATS!!!!!!!!!!

The Boyd County Staff KNOWS that Rock was video tapping the Ashland/BC game last year and so do we :thumb:

We also know that Rock was video tapping the Ashland/Perry County Central game last year :thumb:

And the Buck stops HERE.

I challege anyone on the other side of the fence to give their HONEST depiction of why people where caught in Putnam Stadium with video cameras from Rockcastle County twice?, Well I guess that should be almost twice the third that was party filming PCC could not be found :rolleyes: And YES he was there.

I just don't understand if you knew someone was taping your hand signals why wouldn't you change them. Also if you trade tapes with a team wouldn't they see your hand signals anyway. Plus whats the difference of video taping and scouting, I'm sure if you wanted to know hand signals you could watch and write. I'm not sure what happened exactly or why but its bad coaching on both sides. Change your hand signals, and for the other team expect the hand signals to be changed.

As for game last year it seems ashlands coaches went to the pass a little late to me. Rocks run D is always great. Thats probably why Ash got stopped in the first of the game. Give the players a little credit, too.

An honest question, is it illegal to scout with a video camera?

If any school would have been FINED by the mighty KHSAA it would have been reported in the newspaper,especially in the local ones. Their decisions are puplic record. :cool:

I want to make a comment on the cheating allegations made about Rockcastle. I do not know for sure what happened, because I was not there. BUT...

AT41, you said you'll trust your sources, and Rockhardkid can trust his? I'm pretty sure Rockhardkid said he talked TO Coach Larkey (Head coach of the Rockets) and that Larkey said there was no fine. I'm pretty sure Larkey would be aware of a fine on his team for cheating, wouldn't he?

I can also give this information. I played football at Rockcastle all four years of my high school career and I NEVER witnessed cheating by a Rockcastle coach or player. I did notice that we worked as hard, or harder than any team in the state during the regular season, and when the playoffs rolled around we worked even HARDER. I started defense too and I KNOW we NEVER stole any signs from any team we ever played. I honestly doubt that any Rockcastle coach or player ever stole any signs from Ashland. I think these allegations are completely bogus and are probably an excuse for why the game was so close when maybe it shouldn't have been.