Ashland vs. Rockcastle Co. Predictions

Who Wins?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This game will be a close one. Ashland is definetly played well and Rockcastle is just Rockcastle, no more needs to be said about that. Rockcastle's history in the last decade has spoken for itself, and Ashland's tradition also speaks for itself.

I am not going to pick a winner, but I say it will be a low scoring game and the winner of this game will win by 2 points.

Hey CountyPride are you sure you didn't pick a winner! :p

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect what you said but can you explain this for me. Give me a little insight on what the Rock has this year.

Rock is very tough and hard hitting on defense and can take you out of your offense. But if you can prorect your QB and have some speed on the outside you can beat them. They have a very solid line on both sides of the ball and can mix the pass and run well. QB Burkhart is the heart and soul of this team, He makes big plays on O and D every game and never gives up. Ashland better be ready because I'm sure Rock will bring it.

I dont know much about Coach Hart, But I do know that Coach Larkey and staff is one of the best in the history of Kentucky High School football. The number of wins show that as he is in the top 10 all-time. The thing about the Rock staff is they get everything that there players have got to give and then some!!!!

Good luck Coach Larkey and the ROCK

I know Larkey and his staff has a good record and History, but I believe Hart's record and history as a HS Coach probably isnt too shabby :thumb:

Anyone got any stats on that?

I haven't picked against Ashland all year, but tomcatsalute picked Mercer Co. big over Russell so I guess I'll play DEVILS advocate and say The Rock in a close one. And by the way CP I do believe Coach Hart has a losing record vs. Russell! Any way I do think Coach Hart is an excellent coach and a classy person as well as a good role model for the Ashland kids. He represents his community with about as much class as any coach in the state!! Our area of Ky is blessed with great coaches who are role models and terrific examples for our children both on and off the field!!

I am not going to pick a winner, but I say it will be a low scoring game and the winner of this game will win by 2 points.

Hey CountyPride are you sure you didn't pick a winner! :p

:confused:

You picked Rockcastle to win. Why the confused look? :confused:

Hart might be a good coach, but no class. Larkey is alot better!! :flame:[/quote

I told Coach Larkey about this quote and he laughed and said " he has nothing but the most respec for Coach Hart, he said he was a really nice person to talk too, and considers him a friend. Coach Larkey knows that Ashland has a great team and that Rockcastle will have to play their hearts out to win the game.

Rock will be making another trip to Log Mountain in a couple of weeks.

The Rock will roll in this game.

My final score prediction is...

Rockcastle County 34

Ashland 21

I made a prediction earlier in the season that no one would score 35 on Ashland this season, and no one has. Rock has a good team, but if Ironton only scores 28 no way Rock scores 34, IMO.

You picked Rockcastle to win. Why the confused look? :confused:

I never once picked Rockcastle win, I am rooting for the Maroon.....gosh, that hurt to even say :D

I just stated both schools have great traditions and I feel it will be a low scoring game, and with that thought I stated the winner will only win by 2 points, irregardless what the score is.

Ease up there a bit....You Maroon guys are sensitive and Mind Readers too :thumb:

I am rooting for Ashland, because I enjoy still watching some football locally on Friday Nights, since my County took an early exit :cry:

If it will make you guys feel better:

Ashland 14

Rock 12