Ashland vs. Rockcastle Co. Predictions

Who Wins?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

I have been sitting here looking at this post and Rockcastel has never used any hand signals or was fined by the KHSAA. I dare ASHLANDTOMCAT41 to show any proof about Rockcastle being fined and since you won't you need to stop this blatant lie. Heck why don't you call the KHSAA and then post your findings on this site. So why don't you stick to something relevant and not lies.

I don't think AT41 is saying that Rockcastle used hand signals (not that there is anything wrong with that). Handsignals are perfectly legal. I would go as far as saying that almost every team uses them on one side of the ball, or the other (if not both).

As far as Rockcastle being fined, I personally have no knowledge of whether this is true or not. I would wonder what makes you so certain that it did not occur?

If it turns out to be incorrect, I would expect AT41 to retract his statement, and issue an apology. If it turns out to be true, then I would hope that you would be mature enough to apologize for calling AT41 a liar.

Thanks,

Frances

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think AT41 is saying that Rockcastle used hand signals (not that there is anything wrong with that). Handsignals are perfectly legal. I would go as far as saying that almost every team uses them on one side of the ball, or the other (if not both).

As far as Rockcastle being fined, I personally have no knowledge of whether this is true or not. I would wonder what makes you so certain that it did not occur?

If it turns out to be incorrect, I would expect AT41 to retract his statement, and issue an apology. If it turns out to be true, then I would hope that you would be mature enough to apologize for calling AT41 a liar.

Thanks,

Frances

Wow you really are aunt bee, making everyone kiss and make up. :laugh:

I think Rock kid is saying that they've never tried to use other teams signals like that. I think. :confused:

Thanks,

Frances

I never called AT41 a liar, I simply said that Rockcastle being fined was a lie. I personally asked Coach Larkey and he said "NO" Rockcastle was and has never been fined by the KHSAA for anything. If it is true I will be the first person to apologize, but I won't have to apologize because what he said never happened. I didnt think this site allowed people to make up thins and say about other programs without first having proof.

Wow you really are aunt bee, making everyone kiss and make up. :laugh:

I think Rock kid is saying that they've never tried to use other teams signals like that. I think. :confused:

LOL - I don't really care if they kiss, but I would like to see some level of accountability here. The charges leveled by AT41 are pretty serious. If he is wrong, he should be man enough to step up and apologize.

If he is correct, the RockHardKid should apologize for shooting from the hip, and calling someone a liar.

I have absolutely no idea as to whether the incident occurred, or what evidence exists (if it did). If the KHSAA fined Rockcastle, and they paid it, I'd call that pretty good evidence.

I don't know RockHardKid, but I'm guessing that he is fairly young. Call it a hunch.

Frances

I never called AT41 a liar, I simply said that Rockcastle being fined was a lie. I personally asked Coach Larkey and he said "NO" Rockcastle was and has never been fined by the KHSAA for anything. If it is true I will be the first person to apologize, but I won't have to apologize because what he said never happened. I didnt think this site allowed people to make up thins and say about other programs without first having proof.

It sounds like Coach Larkey is pretty confident that it didn't happen.

Frances

AT41 is stating a widely held belief here in Ashland. I don’t know if a fine was in fact imposed. But circumstantial evidence points to their “guilt” – regarding having taped our coach’s hand signals. In the third quarter our coaches in the press box noticed what was going on. When they adjusted the way they were sending in plays it got easy for us to score. But, it could have just been a coincidence I suppose.

We were down 20 points mid-way through the third quarter before the play calling adjustment was made. From there we caught up and eventually won in double OT.

It took some heroic plays from some young Tomcats last year. It was a great game to watch – best high school come back that I’ve ever seen.

BTW, those young Tomcats are back this year – and they’re looking forward to the rematch.

I have been sitting here looking at this post and Rockcastel has never used any hand signals or was fined by the KHSAA. I dare ASHLANDTOMCAT41 to show any proof about Rockcastle being fined and since you won't you need to stop this blatant lie. Heck why don't you call the KHSAA and then post your findings on this site. So why don't you stick to something relevant and not lies.

Well I dont have any proof like a cancelled check or something, but I do know that it is common knowledge among many people involved with Ashland football that Rockcastle WAS fined by the KHSAA for illegally taping this game. I believe the amount was like $300 or so. I have no reason to believe that the people who first told me about this fine last year would have been lying, they would have had nothing to gain from it, as I have nothing to gain by lying about it on here. I may be able to find out some defnitive answers after tonights Booster Club meeting. But lets get this thread back on track. :thumb:

AT41 is stating a widely held belief here in Ashland. I don’t know if a fine was in fact imposed. But circumstantial evidence points to their “guilt” – regarding having taped our coach’s hand signals. In the third quarter our coaches in the press box noticed what was going on. When they adjusted the way they were sending in plays it got easy for us to score. But, it could have just been a coincidence I suppose.

We were down 20 points mid-way through the third quarter before the play calling adjustment was made. From there we caught up and eventually won in double OT.

It took some heroic plays from some young Tomcats last year. It was a great game to watch – best high school come back that I’ve ever seen.

BTW, those young Tomcats are back this year – and they’re looking forward to the rematch.

After we started running in plays from the sideline we outscored Rock 34-7.

Well I dont have any proof like a cancelled check or something, but I do know that it is common knowledge among many people involved with Ashland football that Rockcastle WAS fined by the KHSAA for illegally taping this game. I believe the amount was like $300 or so. I have no reason to believe that the people who first told me about this fine last year would have been lying, they would have had nothing to gain from it, as I have nothing to gain by lying about it on here. I may be able to find out some defnitive answers after tonights Booster Club meeting. But lets get this thread back on track. :thumb:

show me the proof and I will personally apologize Fridaynight. As for someonwe telling you this , well hey my aunt's brother's uncle once told me something too. Don't believe everything you hear. Once again Rockcastle has never had to pay a fine to the KHSAA or was ever even contacted by them last year for anything. It is also common knowledge that a lot of people make up stuff. I guess since you don't have proof you shouldn't just say anything. I think Ashland has a great team and as for last year Rockcastle shouldn't have event been on the same field as Ashland. We played over our heads. We just got outdone in the second half. I won't step down to AT41's level and bad mouth anyone and make false statements.

Illegal tapes, lies about illegal tapes, stolen hand signals, cheating, lies about cheating, lies about lying, axes ground, lying about cheating with ground axes, lying about illegally ground axes used to chop illegally taped stolen hand signals ...

My head is starting to hurt. :creepy:

I'll take the 'Cats in this one. Legally.

Frances