Cedric Benson Arrested and Charged W/ Assault

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that the Bengals are the ones that seem to always get into trouble while we hardly anything about other teams? At this point, I'm all for getting rid of players that continue to get into these types of situations regardless of their talent level.

Really unfortunate, maybe there is more to the story that we don't know. Really thought he had turned his life around both on and off the field.

With that said, here is the key part of the article...

The affidavit said the May 30 incident began at 1:50 a.m. when a fight began between Benson and an unknown person inside the bar.

See, you never hear about a story that happens in the middle of the afternoon. A majority of these incidents with any team or any sport, always the middle of the night. I understand many of these athletes are a target to a regular Joe that wants to start something, but my goodness, you would think eventually people would learn.

Why does this dude wait a month to bring charges? Is that strange to anyone else? Maybe he tried to get some cash from CB, and CB said not a chance. Seems odd to me to wait so long.

It doesnt say he waited a month to press charges. My guess is that the incident happened, the guy signed the warrant, Benson left Texas to take part in OTAs and was arrested when he returned to Texas.

Why is it that the Bengals are the ones that seem to always get into trouble while we hardly anything about other teams?

You're joking, right? Ben Roethlisberger has only dominated the off-season NFL news with his legal issues. You're just hearing what you want to hear because it suits your sense of Bengal victimhood. Folks in Miami are probably wondering the same thing, as according to a BGP thread that linked to a list of NFL players running afoul of the law, the 'Fins had the most recent offenders. It only seems like more to you because you're hearing it on the local news in addition to the national news. If you watched Miami TV stations and read Miami-based sports sites, you'd think the world was ganging up on the Dolphins.