Cedric Benson Arrested and Charged W/ Assault

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this dude wait a month to bring charges? Is that strange to anyone else? Maybe he tried to get some cash from CB, and CB said not a chance. Seems odd to me to wait so long.

You realize that the "victim" has no say in whether or not to bring charges, correct?

Sounds like someone doesnt hold their liquor well

Since Cedric has a history, I'd be inclined to agree with you; however, I think a lot of these athletes who run afoul of the law are provoked. I'm not defending them or attempting to justify their actions. I'm just saying that they're not the only guilty party. Sure, they have more to lose, and sure, they shouldn't have risked it in the first place...but, it takes two to tango.

Since Cedric has a history, I'd be inclined to agree with you; however, I think a lot of these athletes who run afoul of the law are provoked. I'm not defending them or attempting to justify their actions. I'm just saying that they're not the only guilty party. Sure, they have more to lose, and sure, they shouldn't have risked it in the first place...but, it takes two to tango.

Exactly. One to throw the punch......one to absorb it.

Some facts:

-Benson told police when the incident happened that they had his full cooperation in the incident, then he didn't hear from them until yesterday when charges were filed, a month later.

-Benson immediately made both the Bengals organization and the NFL offices aware of the incident as soon as he was contacted yesterday. He told them the incident did not happen the way it is being portrayed.

-Benson claims he was actually the victim and the one who was assualted, not the bar employee.

Now, whether any of this is true or not, who knows, but those were the facts reported by Schefter last night that everyone is ignoring.

via Twitter: Adam_Schefter: been told by a league source familiar with Cedric Benson's case that it is "very minor."

Lets hope this is true, because the Bengals really can't afford to have him miss any games with the schedule they face this year.

Some facts:

-Benson told police when the incident happened that they had his full cooperation in the incident, then he didn't hear from them until yesterday when charges were filed, a month later.

-Benson immediately made both the Bengals organization and the NFL offices aware of the incident as soon as he was contacted yesterday. He told them the incident did not happen the way it is being portrayed.

-Benson claims he was actually the victim and the one who was assualted, not the bar employee.

Now, whether any of this is true or not, who knows, but those were the facts reported by Schefter last night that everyone is ignoring.

If there is question as to "whether any of this is true or not," you can't really call them "facts." It's just one side of a story.