Indiana All Stars 100 Kentucky All Stars 97

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, for the person who said Pittman would get dominated by Thomas, his stat line sure does look pretty good.

Care to revisit? 46 points and 25 boards for Thomas in the 2 games combined for those keeping score...

Indiana HS's just play a different brand of ball than KY teams do. I'm not surprised at the outcome of either game, though it would be nice to see KY when some of the time.

With guys like Teague, Branden Dawson, Mitch McGary, Jeremy Hollowell, Garry Harris, Ron Patterson, Dee Davis, Jeremiah Davis, Devin Davis, DeJuan Marerro, Yogi Ferrell, DSR and many more on the rise this series is going to get ugly even though the talent level in KY seems to be on the rise over the next few years. I can't imagine this series continues much longer at the current rate...

With guys like Teague, Branden Dawson, Mitch McGary, Jeremy Hollowell, Garry Harris, Ron Patterson, Dee Davis, Jeremiah Davis, Devin Davis, DeJuan Marerro, Yogi Ferrell, DSR and many more on the rise this series is going to get ugly even though the talent level in KY seems to be on the rise over the next few years. I can't imagine this series continues much longer at the current rate...

An imbalance of talent and an imperfect selection process makes doubly tough to even pull a single win in 5 years.

Good news is coming though. My understanding is our committee has been in touch with the Vermont High School Athletic Association. Things are looking up.

From what I gathered, yes he was. Quarterback I believe. He's kind of throwback athlete in this modern day age of specialization. Kids like him are rare anymore. I read a good story about him in the Herald Leader a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/05/30/1285748/blind-side-kentucky-style.html

What an excellent story, very inspiring young man right there!

Kentucky has no excuse this year. They should've split the series 1-1. They really blew it Friday night.

I agree. But like another poster said before, you put Guyn, Jackson, and Euton on this team along with a healthy Sewell and I really think KY wins both.

Guyn, Sewell, or C. Jackson would've given KY a much better option to defend Johnson than Justice, Hall, and T. Jackson.

I also think Euton down low would've helped contain Deshaun Thomas. Euton has held his own over the years against the likes of Jared Sullinger, Ariane Payne, and JD Weatherspoon.

Care to revisit? 46 points and 25 boards for Thomas in the 2 games combined for those keeping score...

It's easy to revisit after he has a big game in the second game. Where were you after the first game??? And from what I understand, the two didn't guard one another much the second game because Pittman continually floated around out on the perimeter. Take it FWIW.

What was Pittman doing floating around the perimeter on defense??? :lol:

I was referring to offense. It's also stated in the article about the game that Listerman used several different guys to check Thomas. Not all of his points came on Pittman. BTW, you also failed to mention that 27 of Thomas' 46 points came from the charity stripe. Check out his fg percentage then get back to me.

I was referring to offense. It's also stated in the article about the game that Listerman used several different guys to check Thomas. Not all of his points came on Pittman. BTW, you also failed to mention that 27 of Thomas' 46 points came from the charity stripe. Check out his fg percentage then get back to me.

Isn't getting to the line and converting important? Do you only get a half point for each FT?

Thomas is a face up 4 with power and a huge part of his game is creating contact. I don't care if 46 of the 46 points were from the line. It all counts the same...