May 31, 201016 yr Because there are no facts. Just hints and heresay. According to a mysterious source close to the situation this maybe might have happened. But we cant prove it so we'll just infer it a lot. I guess we read it differently. I didn't read anything that said conclusively that the coach paid the rent or Bledsoe's grades were changed. I read that the NCAA was "looking into" it. Big difference.
May 31, 201016 yr I think LRCW is the only one to mention Sandy Bell in this thread. If Kentucky does have issues with this situation, isn't Sandy Bell the one responsible for making certain of his eligibility?
May 31, 201016 yr Wasn't Sandy Bell responsible for some of the mishaps when the UK football team went on probation?
May 31, 201016 yr KSR raised an interesting question today. How is the part about rent being paid by another person different from the Michael Oher situation? Is it as simple as "legal guardian?" I would think the NCAA is extremely sensitive to the whole "legal guardian" concept.
May 31, 201016 yr Author KSR raised an interesting question today. How is the part about rent being paid by another person different from the Michael Oher situation? Is it as simple as "legal guardian?" I would think the NCAA is extremely sensitive to the whole "legal guardian" concept. Bledsoe's relationship with Ford didn't start until after he was a national type recruit...
May 31, 201016 yr Bledsoe's relationship with Ford didn't start until after he was a national type recruit... So its like the Derek Anderson/Rajon Rondo sitch?
May 31, 201016 yr Author So its like the Derek Anderson/Rajon Rondo sitch? As best I can tell. If the relationship is prior to the kid becoming a recruit, all is fine...
May 31, 201016 yr As best I can tell. If the relationship is prior to the kid becoming a recruit, all is fine... How does the NCAA determine when a kid becomes a recruit?
May 31, 201016 yr Is a family punished when a criminal case goes cold and then years later the evidence turns up that sends a loved one to jail? Any way you slice it, they have to be able to go back and take another look at things when new evidence is presented... I agree that if new information/evidence comes up they may have to look into it, but they should also consider all sides first, such as is the new information in part or in full out to "get someone"/ witch hunt? If they rule anyone eligible they should not be able to go back and punish a school in anyway for taking the kid.
May 31, 201016 yr KSR raised an interesting question today. How is the part about rent being paid by another person different from the Michael Oher situation? Is it as simple as "legal guardian?" I would think the NCAA is extremely sensitive to the whole "legal guardian" concept. It's extremely different, Michael's parents, father murdered, mother drugged out hadn't been involved in his life. It was also never hidden from the NCAA and they went through months of NCAA review before he was cleared over it. The issue here is someone failed to mention it to the NCAA in regard to Bledsoe. Same thing with Sidney at Miss. State right now. Sidney lied to the NCAA about things that had happened and that was why his punishment was a year compared to John Wall's 2 games when they were both guilty of the same thing in a small amount of money for some college visits. Dez Bryant is another example of punishment because of hiding information from the NCAA.
June 1, 201016 yr The whole system is flawed...I know several athletes who were given things and paid in certain ways by mid and large university's. The clearinghouse is a TOTAL joke...let's be honest...look at the Top 100 football and basketball players coming out this year. I would say 35% actually work hard and qualify the right way...rest transfer around, take cake classes, etc and are cleared...WHY??? SIMPLE...$$$...NCAA turns their head... I'm NOT too worried and this is always going to be around, but if you don't blame the NCAA from the top down then you should look deeper...THIS REALLY TICKS ME OFF!!! ;-( The NCAA is one of the most corrupt organizations I know of. It is a multi-million dollar industry which exploits a multitude of kids every single year. It makes me sick.
June 1, 201016 yr If the NCAA finds additional information it should hold the school and student athlete responsible for what they do from that point forward. All this declaring kids eligible only to go back and say they weren't later is not fair to anyone involved. The NCAA is holding it's membership responsible for things the institutions often have no control over. Correct. And this is what is totally unfair. When do we get to the point that the NCAA holds itself accountable for its own decisions? Maybe they need to look into the mirror to find the problem instead of pointing fingers and placing blame on others.
June 2, 201016 yr Calipari might finaly get caught Get caught at what? He wasn't even at KY when these things transpired! First of all, nothing is going to come of the academic things.... already been investigated and someone is just stirring up mud. The coach paying rent.... well if KY was participating (when we weren't even recruiting the kid then), I suppose Eric's coach would have been much more supportive of him coming here. Use some common sense.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.