Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Investigating Bledsoe's Past

Featured Replies

When you prove that he had knowledge of the situation.

 

Well just from what I've read it seems everyone agreed that there was no way Bledsoe could get eligible to play in his senior year. That should have been red flag number 1. Then the thought process should be in his head going "Hey, I'm John Calipari. I want to end all this speculation where people think I bend every rule imaginable so I think I will stay away from this questionable player. I'm at a new school and a chance to start over clean and put all these forfeited NCAA tournament wins behind me."

  • Replies 203
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gillespie was the one who was really on and sold Bledsoe to UK. Bledsoe was Billy G's big recruit going down the stretch. Cal came in, had the chance to get Wall, figured he might as well try to get Bledsoe for the future and did so. UK may be busted on this situation, but the NCAA is showing they will listen to anyone with information and go back on decisions they deemed acceptable early on. How much money did the NCAA make on Derrick Rose and UK this year...those guys go pro after one year, then they come back in and say their were improprieties...to me there is a big time problem with intercollegiate basketball, unlike any other sport in our country.

If Bledsoe is deemed an ineligible player, they don't really have any other choice...

 

Actually they do have a choice because wasn't KU's Darrell Arthur's grades changed his senior year of high school? Kansas received no punishment for that.

Below from AP article that was published in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

 

"The report also said that a woman who rented a home to Bledsoe and his mother claimed that at least three months’ rent was paid for by A.H. Parker coach Maurice Ford, which would violate NCAA rules, and an anonymous college coach said Ford asked for money to recruit Bledsoe."

 

Can somebody please explain to me how the actions of a high school coach would constitute an NCAA violation? I'm perplexed. This has ZERO to do with UK imo. From all accounts, I don't think M. Ford is the sharpest tool in the Alabama shed. This whole story sounds like a witch hunt to me. Lot of people of out there wanting to bring down Cal. Message to Cal: Watch your back bro. Since "their" NBA rumors didn't work, why not roll this one out. Wonder what the next one will be?? I can only Imagine.

In the end, if he's deemed ineligible, some wins will be gone.

 

Your right. Just like with Arthur @ Kansas, no wait a minute - they didn't lose wins, did they?

 

Or Magette at Duke, no wait a minute - they too didn't lose wins did they?

 

:idunno:

And UK can celebrate 2,000 wins for a second time

 

:laugh: That was funny. :lol:

Situations like this are why I think Cal goes to the NBA sooner rather than later. I said it for Memphis and I'll say it now...the clearinghouse (that I admittedly don't know much about) is at fault for this. I don't understand how this works.

If UK is penalized the Big Blue Nation has to take it. I am a Cal fan, however everyone knew that he came with baggage. Personally it should fall back on the NCAA clearing house. But the NCAA will not admit a mistake.

Great then we could do UK2K all over again.

Well just from what I've read it seems everyone agreed that there was no way Bledsoe could get eligible to play in his senior year. That should have been red flag number 1. Then the thought process should be in his head going "Hey, I'm John Calipari. I want to end all this speculation where people think I bend every rule imaginable so I think I will stay away from this questionable player. I'm at a new school and a chance to start over clean and put all these forfeited NCAA tournament wins behind me."

 

 

I do agree that taking such a risky qualifer after what happened at Memphis is not the smartest thing in the world, but from what I've read UK, and Sandy Bell spent more time on double-checking Bledsoe’s record than anyone in recent years. If UK is found to be guilty of wrong doing then they deserve anything they get. I guess we'll just have to wait, and see how all of this plays out.

I do agree that taking such a risky qualifer after what happened at Memphis is not the smartest thing in the world, but from what I've read UK, and Sandy Bell spent more time on double-checking Bledsoe’s record than anyone in recent years. If UK is found to be guilty of wrong doing then they deserve anything they get. I guess we'll just have to wait, and see how all of this plays out.

 

The issue in regards to determining at what point you walk away due to something not seeming right even though all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

The issue in regards to determining at what point you walk away due to something not seeming right even though all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

 

 

I guess it would depend on how many times you had been burned before when everything seemed kosher.

Just curious, is it very common here in KY for high schools to offer online and night courses?

Becoming more common.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.