Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton

Featured Replies

Sometimes character shows! I really thought D. O. had great character...now I am not so sure. Anybody can talk negative when they leave a place. I just thought he was a more positive person than that. Not a huge hit to UK but a huge hit to DO. IMHO.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KSR:

 

From Yahoo! Sports

I thought you were talking about the article in question.

 

I think you basing your opinion on personal experiences with D.O. is valid and I won't try to discredit it in any way.

 

However, I will say that hearing that he wishes he had chosen another school in hindsight doesn't affect my opinion of him in any way. He is just one of the millions of college freshmen who have second thoughts after the fact. His experiences at UK were not exactly what a top recruit dreams of coming into their first season and I understand the second guessing. I don't take it personally just because I am a UK fan.

Those faithful Cats fans! Until they leave.

I wonder how Kyle Macy been remembered by the UK faithful if he had transferred from UK to Purdue instead of the other way around?

 

He would have been disliked just like any transfer from any school :idunno:

And don't forget he lied about finishing his classes out. It's not like I dislike him for no reason. I've had first hand experiences with Daniel and let me tell you, not the friendliest guy.

 

From my experiences with him on and around campus as well as one of my female friends (knew DO pretty well), I share your thoughts regarding him.

From my experiences with him on and around campus as well as one of my female friends (knew DO pretty well), I share your thoughts regarding him.

 

PP and DO were polar opposites... Everyone who's a student at UK had a positive experience with Pat, and everyone really dislikes Orton... DO could have been and All-American four years at UK and I'd still not like him very much...

PP and DO were polar opposites... Everyone who's a student at UK had a positive experience with Pat, and everyone really dislikes Orton... DO could have been and All-American four years at UK and I'd still not like him very much...

 

I completely agree. Why does he think Cousins, Patterson, Wall, and Bledsoe aren't being criticized? Dude needs to get a clue.

I will never think anything other than that Orton made a mistake by leaving this year, but I do think it is fair for him to think that perhaps he made a mistake in coming to UK. I'm not certain that Kansas would have been THAT much more a showcase for him, but there are certainly places he could have gone where he'd have been a bigger factor on the floor and seen more time. I do think he cheated himself out of millions by coming out at this time. Absolutely could've been a lottery pick in the future.

I will never think anything other than that Orton made a mistake by leaving this year, but I do think it is fair for him to think that perhaps he made a mistake in coming to UK. I'm not certain that Kansas would have been THAT much more a showcase for him, but there are certainly places he could have gone where he'd have been a bigger factor on the floor and seen more time. I do think he cheated himself out of millions by coming out at this time. Absolutely could've been a lottery pick in the future.

 

It is amazing to me how many people are 2 in the bush people. The NBA draft next year is totally uncertain. This kid is a first round draft pick this year. Everything beyond this year is uncertain. Any number of things could happen. If he's my son I tell him to go, take the bird in the hand. What's the monitary difference between #1 and #15? 4-5 mil over three years? If he's goes now, he's eligible for free agancy one year sooner, and one year of making way more than being a lottery pick. I wish him all the luck in the future, rather than hating on him because he is following his dream.

This kid is a first round draft pick this year.

 

While I agree with the rest of what you posted, it sounds more and more every day like he could very well slip into round 2...

It is amazing to me how many people are 2 in the bush people. The NBA draft next year is totally uncertain. This kid is a first round draft pick this year. Everything beyond this year is uncertain. Any number of things could happen. If he's my son I tell him to go, take the bird in the hand. What's the monitary difference between #1 and #15? 4-5 mil over three years? If he's goes now, he's eligible for free agancy one year sooner, and one year of making way more than being a lottery pick. I wish him all the luck in the future, rather than hating on him because he is following his dream.

 

I don't personally view disagreeing with his decision the same as hating on him. I certainly hope he gets drafted as high as possible and goes on to a successful career. I simply think he could have done well with more development and I definitely think his stock could have been improved. And if he slips into round 2 as GT suggests, well then it looks like an even worse decision.

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. He said he wouldn't have changed where he went, but Kansas would have been his other choice. No big deal.

 

:thumb:

I completely agree. Why does he think Cousins, Patterson, Wall, and Bledsoe aren't being criticized? Dude needs to get a clue.

 

Cousins is getting more criticism than any of the Cats in the draft.

Cousins is getting more criticism than any of the Cats in the draft.

 

By UK fans? No. By the media? Yes.

Cousins is getting more criticism than any of the Cats in the draft.

 

It is because he is so talented. If he was an average joe then there would be no coverage on him.

 

He is a risk but I think a good one to take if I was picking in the top 5.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.