Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton

Featured Replies

It is because he is so talented. If he was an average joe then there would be no coverage on him.

 

He is a risk but I think a good one to take if I was picking in the top 5.

 

He shouldn't even be that big of a risk IMO. I think he's right when he said he's misunderstood.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orton is being named as a player whose stock is dropping.

I find it very strange that Orton stormed off the floor during an SEC tournament game, publically butted heads with Cal, handled the draft process terribly and opened his mouth up way too much and Cousins is the one with a bad rap.

I find it very strange that Orton stormed off the floor during an SEC tournament game, publically butted heads with Cal, handled the draft process terribly and opened his mouth up way too much and Cousins is the one with a bad rap.

 

Or at least why he isn't lumped in with the "Bad Rap" crowd along with Cousins.

I find it very strange that Orton stormed off the floor during an SEC tournament game, publically butted heads with Cal, handled the draft process terribly and opened his mouth up way too much and Cousins is the one with a bad rap.

 

It's because he doesn't look the part. If you're reading books by the cover, people look at Cousins as a thug because he's tatted up and has shown temper issues at times.

Plus, in all honesty (and I hate to talk bad about UK players), but no one outside of Kentucky and Oklahoma had ever heard of Orton until last night.

I find it very strange that Orton stormed off the floor during an SEC tournament game, publically butted heads with Cal, handled the draft process terribly and opened his mouth up way too much and Cousins is the one with a bad rap.

 

I hadn't thought about that but I think you're exactly right. Orton is the way bigger risk IMO on and off the court.

I hadn't thought about that but I think you're exactly right. Orton is the way bigger risk IMO on and off the court.

 

:thumb:

Did anyone watch the Stan Van Gundy interview last night following Orton's selection?

 

I realize teams have scouts and GMs to evaluate personnel, but it was shocking just to hear a coach basically say that he had no idea who they would be selecting and that apparently other people in the organization were high on the kid. Shows how little control some NBA coaches have.

Yea coaches get little to no say in the NBA. Or at least most coaches don't.

Yea coaches get little to no say in the NBA. Or at least most coaches don't.

I realize that, but most coaches do not openly come out and separate themselves from management. For instance, they also interviewed Avery Johnson last night and he praised Derek Favors and his game. Van Gundy let it be known this was not his decision. I sensed a lot of dissent. Being a head coach in the NBA is all about managing the egos.

I realize that, but most coaches do not openly come out and separate themselves from management. For instance, they also interviewed Avery Johnson last night and he praised Derek Favors and his game. Van Gundy let it be known this was not his decision. I sensed a lot of dissent. Being a head coach in the NBA is all about managing the egos.

 

SVG was probably thinking that Orlando had wasted a pick on the deepest position on the team. With Howard there aren't many minutes to get at the 5, and Gortat can fill in the rest. On a team that is thinking they are a piece or two away from a championship, I could see him preferring a different player.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.