Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton

Featured Replies

I think Orton feels like it's only Kentucky fans that would trash him for leaving early for the NBA. It happens everywhere. It just so happens he decided to add fuel to the fire by talking about it in the media and on his twitter/facebook etc.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will be a bust because he only measured in at 6'8 and a half not very big for a Center or PF.

I think he will be a bust because he only measured in at 6'8 and a half not very big for a Center or PF.

 

Two problems with the above.

 

1. He measured at 6'8 and 3/4

2. That was barefooted.

I think Orton feels like it's only Kentucky fans that would trash him for leaving early for the NBA. It happens everywhere. It just so happens he decided to add fuel to the fire by talking about it in the media and on his twitter/facebook etc.

 

I think he has to realize that he averaged like 3 points and 3 rebounds a game. Forgive fans for questioning his choice to go pro....

 

Two problems with the above.

 

1. He measured at 6'8 and 3/4

2. That was barefooted.

 

What post players are effective at that size in the NBA? Carlos Boozer comes to mind, but he has a nice vertical and has a great mid-range game. Brand is effective anymore. Almost all guys in the 4 and 5 are atleast 6'10". You know, guys such as Howard, Stoudemire, Gasol, Bosh, Bynum, Brook Lopez, Garnett, Duncan, Yao, Dirk, Kaman, David West, Noah, Horford, Bogut, Aldridge. David Lee, Carl Landry and Kevin Love are exceptions, but they are way more proven. I'm just not seeing it at that size.

 

Guys like Karl Malone or Charles Barkley are a thing of the past in the NBA.

Almost all guys in the 4 and 5 are atleast 6'10".

 

In their bare feet?

In their bare feet?

 

Yeah, which one that I mentioned is not?

Yeah, which one that I mentioned is not?

 

The first one to jump out is David West. He's listed as 6'9 and we'll assume that's not in his bare feet unless you're telling me the NBA only uses bare feet heights .

After the times I've encountered Daniel at parties and on campus at UK, I never liked him one bit. Quite frankly, I disliked him strongly. After hearing he would have rather been at Kansas than Kentucky this year, he's now probably my all time least favorite UK player. Good riddance, Daniel. Good riddance.

After the times I've encountered Daniel at parties and on campus at UK, I never liked him one bit. Quite frankly, I disliked him strongly. After hearing he would have rather been at Kansas than Kentucky this year, he's now probably my all time least favorite UK player. Good riddance, Daniel. Good riddance.

 

Those faithful Cats fans! Until they leave.

I wonder how Kyle Macy been remembered by the UK faithful if he had transferred from UK to Purdue instead of the other way around?

After the times I've encountered Daniel at parties and on campus at UK, I never liked him one bit. Quite frankly, I disliked him strongly. After hearing he would have rather been at Kansas than Kentucky this year, he's now probably my all time least favorite UK player. Good riddance, Daniel. Good riddance.
He didn't say he would rather have been at Kansas than UK. Actually, he said the opposite.

They say he is out of shape and his family has caused him to not hire an agent yet. His draft stock migh thave fallen to late in first round from possible lottery to mid first.

He didn't say he would rather have been at Kansas than UK. Actually, he said the opposite.

 

KSR:

 

From Yahoo! Sports

 

Orton played one season at Kentucky, where he averaged just 13 minutes and 3.4 points behind DeMarcus Cousins. He left on relatively poor terms with coach John Calipari, and even told front offices in the predraft process that he wished he had chosen Kansas over Kentucky.

Let's not forget his great 0.0 gpa for the spring semester. That really helped out.

Let's not forget his great 0.0 gpa for the spring semester. That really helped out.

 

And don't forget he lied about finishing his classes out. It's not like I dislike him for no reason. I've had first hand experiences with Daniel and let me tell you, not the friendliest guy.

Those faithful Cats fans! Until they leave.

I wonder how Kyle Macy been remembered by the UK faithful if he had transferred from UK to Purdue instead of the other way around?

 

Again, I don't dislike him for just no reason at all. I have actually been around him when he's not in front of a camera or a microphone. Have you done the same? If so I hope for you're sake you've had better experiences.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.