May 28, 201016 yr What is your opinion of his actions and words during and after the season? The more I learn about him the more I am not a fan. http://www.nbadraft.net/daniel-orton-interview You can't say you would go to a different school even if you retract it. That's just being politically correct. I'm pretty sure he is going to be a bust in the NBA.
May 28, 201016 yr What is your opinion of his actions and words during and after the season? The more I learn about him the more I am not a fan. http://www.nbadraft.net/daniel-orton-interview You can't say you would go to a different school even if you retract it. That's just being politically correct. I'm pretty sure he is going to be a bust in the NBA. So what am I supposed to be upset about? He said he wouldn't do it differently but if you made him pick another school he would have picked KU. Doesn't every player have a second school? I see nothing to be upset about. Of course, I'm not looking.
May 28, 201016 yr If I had done it differently I would have gone to Kansas. But with the way things have worked out, in the end, no I wouldn't have done anything differently.
May 28, 201016 yr Author Just wonder how everyone feels. Didn't seem like he liked his time at UK much.
May 28, 201016 yr Just wonder how everyone feels. Didn't seem like he liked his time at UK much. What did you read in that short interview that would lead you to believe that a)he preferred KU over UK and b)he didn't like his time at UK?
May 28, 201016 yr Just wonder how everyone feels. Didn't seem like he liked his time at UK much. I understand what you are saying, but I do not think he intended to infer what you are alluding to. I took it as he was implying that had he gone anywhere else differently, it would have been KU... Not that he wished he would have played at KU from the onset.
May 28, 201016 yr I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. He said he wouldn't have changed where he went, but Kansas would have been his other choice. No big deal.
May 28, 201016 yr If I didn't have Taco Bell for lunch, it would have been Burger King. I hope no one on BGP thinks less of me for my decision.
May 28, 201016 yr If I didn't have Taco Bell for lunch, it would have been Burger King. I hope no one on BGP thinks less of me for my decision. Oh man how could you say that???? Taco Swell is nasty!!!! :lol: There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Daniel said.
May 28, 201016 yr He would have been in the exact same situation at KU as well. Playing behind an All-American. I am sure he wishes he could have played 25-30 minutes a game and been a focal point of an offense, but he is getting the oppurtunity to do what he wants now.
May 28, 201016 yr Oh man how could you say that???? Taco Swell is nasty!!!! :lol: There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Daniel said. Blasphemy.
May 28, 201016 yr This interview means nothing...blown out of proportion. His decsion NOT to finish the spring semester doesn't sit well with me. I wish he had handled that differently.
May 28, 201016 yr I hate how people are giving Daniel such a hard time. He's being asked a lot of weird & difficult questions. It's also comical that people think he'll be a bust in the NBA because he's done some things that people disapprove of after the season.
May 28, 201016 yr Daniel is a guy who is going to continually get raked over the coals especially in the media. Because he done some questionable things concerning how he left UK, there will always be those out there trying to twist his words, or trying to coax him into saying things negative about his time at Kentucky and some of his teammates (Cousins). Orton liked the University of Kentucky a lot. So much so he committed to Billy Gillespie to come to the University of Kentucky. Thanks to the right situation and with Coach O, Robic, and Cals tutelage honed his skills enough to turn pro. A lot don't agree with the decision to turn pro after just one season (myself included), a season in which he did not start, and a season where he averaged more fouls and goaltends per game then he did points, but it is what it is and as part of the Kentucky family we should all wish him the best. After everything has panned out, I think we are going to be just fine with Kanter parked down low (given he is eligible). Having Orton back would have been great, but obviously may have caused some rifts over playing time and ultimately took minutes away from someone who is going to be very, very productive (The Big Enes). I wish Daniel would have done the right thing and stayed and finished the semester like everyone else. I wish he would act like he had the best time of his life at Kentucky and that everything was peachy. But that is not how Daniel has handled it. On the flip side he hasn't trashed the University, or anything about it. So until he comes out and does do that, I will continue to support him and wish him luck on his NBA endeavor.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.