Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chipper Jones HOF worthy?

Featured Replies

Jones is a .307/.406/.541 hitter with 426 home runs, 1,343 walks, and 1,445 RBI in 2,166 games. He is behind only Mickey Mantle and Eddie Murray on the all-time switch hitters career home run list.

 

 

Discuss.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Absolutely. First ballot HOF. Outstanding career, awesome postseason player, and he did it all with one franchise.

 

This one's easy: yes.

I also think the answer is YES. Hard to believe he's almost logged 20 seasons in the league, I remember when he was just a young phenom being called up. Time flies.

  • Author

One of my favorite players of all time, announcers on ESPN bonus coverage tonight said he isn't...............

Not a first timer. To many sports writters won't vote players on their first ballots.

 

But YES he will get into the HOF

Not a first timer. To many sports writters won't vote players on their first ballots.

 

But YES he will get into the HOF

 

Good point. I still don't get the difference. If a player deserves to get in, then vote them in. No sense in making them wait until later. Their stats won't get any better after they retire.

I hate Chipper Jones more than any active ball player! He has killed the Mets over the years. My bias, however, doesn't cloud my judgement. He has an MVP and a ring to go withall the numbers previously mentioned. I think he has at least one Silver Slugger as well. Throw in his batting title and I say yes.

 

Has there been a better third baseman in this generation (mid 90's to now)?

One of my favorite players of all time, announcers on ESPN bonus coverage tonight said he isn't...............

 

I heard that. To be fair, it was FSN announcers that I'm pretty sure were doing regional St. Louis coverage. It was on ESPN because of the rain delay at the time. I laughed aloud and just shook my head.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.