Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teague To UK

Featured Replies

Well... it IS hard to keep track of all the different top 10 recruits Cal is landing. :D

 

It was much harder keeping track under Tubby. I couldn't even find info on some of his recruits. Now I just pull up Rivals' top ten and there they all are! :ylsuper:

  • Replies 243
  • Views 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos to Cal and the Cats. Cal simply beat UofL and Pitino on this one. I'm sure more battle are to come. The part that hurts was Teague saying he was ready to commit two other times, and both times it was to UofL.......

Kudos to Cal and the Cats. Cal simply beat UofL and Pitino on this one. I'm sure more battle are to come. The part that hurts was Teague saying he was ready to commit two other times, and both times it was to UofL.......

That just makes it sting even more.

 

Very excited about the future.

Kudos to Cal and the Cats. Cal simply beat UofL and Pitino on this one. I'm sure more battle are to come. The part that hurts was Teague saying he was ready to commit two other times, and both times it was to UofL.......

 

If I was a L'viile fan, I would be very concerned about Pitino's ability to bring in top talent going forward. This one stings when you consider the circumstances:

 

1. Pitino coached Shawn Teague at Boston College and they were close.

 

2. Pitino hired Land (asst. coach at Pike). I am confident that Land did not get this job because of his qualifications.

 

3. Pitino had been recruiting Teague for over 2 years.

 

When you put so much effort into a recruit, and don't land them, it's got to be a big concern for the direction of the program. Today's news coupled with the decommitment of Chandler is not good for Pitino's reputation among top college recruits. Is there something else going on that we don't know about?

Quote from Teague's father talking about a call from Roy:

 

“It’s hard to turn him down,” Teague said of Williams. “He coached the greatest player ever (Michael Jordan). It’s hard to tell him no.”

 

Can somebody please tell me when Roy coached Jordan?

Quote from Teague's father talking about a call from Roy:

 

“It’s hard to turn him down,” Teague said of Williams. “He coached the greatest player ever (Michael Jordan). It’s hard to tell him no.”

 

Can somebody please tell me when Roy coached Jordan?

 

Williams was an assistant at UNC when Jordan played there.

Let me apologize up front Louisville fans...

 

So much for running a unbias entire state of KY blog...

 

:lol:

If I was a L'viile fan, I would be very concerned about Pitino's ability to bring in top talent going forward. This one stings when you consider the circumstances:

 

1. Pitino coached Shawn Teague at Boston College and they were close.

 

2. Pitino hired Land (asst. coach at Pike). I am confident that Land did not get this job because of his qualifications.

 

3. Pitino had been recruiting Teague for over 2 years.

 

When you put so much effort into a recruit, and don't land them, it's got to be a big concern for the direction of the program. Today's news coupled with the decommitment of Chandler is not good for Pitino's reputation among top college recruits. Is there something else going on that we don't know about?

 

What do you mean, going forward? He hasn't got a lot of elite talent on campus since he's been at UofL. Not saying that's all bad, UofL has been pretty good the last 6 years. Still 3 pretty good looking prospects committed for 2011, and a 5 star wing coming in this year.

 

He's had some good players and good teams, but no "superstars". Twill and Garcia were the closest, and they weren't elite recruits.

What do you mean, going forward? He hasn't got a lot of elite talent on campus since he's been at UofL. Not saying that's all bad, UofL has been pretty good the last 6 years. Still 3 pretty good looking prospects committed for 2011, and a 5 star wing coming in this year.

 

He's had some good players and good teams, but no "superstars". Twill and Garcia were the closest, and they weren't elite recruits.

 

Garcia, Dean, Tello, Clark, Caracter, Sosa, Samuels... I'm sure I'm leaving out a couple. All of those guys listed were pretty highly touted recruits. Not Top 3 guys but still four and five star guys.

Williams was an assistant at UNC when Jordan played there.

 

OK, thanks. I was stuck with the head coach blinders on.

Funniest thing I've heard all day:

 

Cal is trying to do what Tubby did in 98. Win a title with Pitino's players.
  • Author

Here is the video I shot today of the announcement...

 

Garcia, Dean, Tello, Clark, Caracter, Sosa, Samuels... I'm sure I'm leaving out a couple. All of those guys listed were pretty highly touted recruits. Not Top 3 guys but still four and five star guys.

 

Yeah, Samuels only top 10 out of that bunch. Dean and Garcia were 3 stars and two of the best players at UofL over the last decade. Sosa was a 4, and the others were 5 stars. Yeah, those are some good players, but not elite (like a Teague).

 

I'm not saying he hasn't brought in good players, just not elite players.:thumb:

So what should we take out of it coming down to UK and UL with , apparently, UC being 3rd? Was he telling UC something different than the truth?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.