Teague To UK

gametime

In 2006 when I joined BGP, for some reason I cannot say I enjoyed all of Gametime's posts. Over the years, like a fungus, he has grown on me and I have found myself reading his, LABS and a few others posts with great intensity because of their accuracy. I noticed it last night when he said Teague to UK. I knew it was a done deal. I even told a few family friends that it was so because I had read it here. Pretty impressive.

This recruiting season has been a GT lovefest here on BGP.

And rightfully so.

Someone at CHURCH quoted GT to me about UK's recruiting this past Sunday.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not saying he hasn't brought in good players, just not elite players.:thumb:

While I feel Pitino is dropping the ball on elite "recruits", he's, at worst, had elite players at Louisville. He does, however, need to form a recruiting identity that can land players that he is going for. If he can't get the top 5 caliber guys, he needs to figure out the program's needs and attack those, regardless of the rankings of said players.

And rightfully so.

I have never doubted GT, we've gotten awfully close over the years, on here...GT always shoots it straight, sometimes that rubs people wrong, but the truth or proof, if you will, is in the content of his posts.

If us fans are happy why do you have to poop on our party? Go read some Jon Scheyer biographies or something. :sssh:

I told myself I was going to try and avoid commenting too much on this thread, but this post leapt out at me. I must ask, why do you feel we -- that is, non-believers -- should all act in deference to UK? Perfect example of the whole concept of how UK fans, for whatever reason, can't fathom why everybody else doesn't love the 'Cats.

The 18% jokes will never stop....

... until the overwhelming abundance of ammunition runs dry. :D

In 2006 when I joined BGP, for some reason I cannot say I enjoyed all of Gametime's posts. Over the years, like a fungus, he has grown on me and I have found myself reading his, LABS and a few others posts with great intensity because of their accuracy. I noticed it last night when he said Teague to UK. I knew it was a done deal. I even told a few family friends that it was so because I had read it here. Pretty impressive.

And rightfully so.

Some day, you guys will love me too. :D

While I feel Pitino is dropping the ball on elite "recruits", he's, at worst, had elite players at Louisville. He does, however, need to form a recruiting identity that can land players that he is going for. If he can't get the top 5 caliber guys, he needs to figure out the program's needs and attack those, regardless of the rankings of said players.

Pitino has fallen well short of what Louisville fans were promised (or, at least, expected), and has looked next to nothing like the coach he was at UK. Perhaps it's a matter of times changing. Perhaps it's age and laziness on the recruiting trail. Actually, it's probably that. At least at UK outstanding recruiting masked his coaching inabilities. Some Louisville fans have grown weary of the dog and pony show, and all the dramatic accompanying accoutrement. Then again, some Louisville fans didn't like him to begin with, but recognized he was what Louisville needed at that point in time.

Pitino has fallen well short of what Louisville fans were promised (or, at least, expected), and has looked next to nothing like the coach he was at UK. Perhaps it's a matter of times changing. Perhaps it's age and laziness on the recruiting trail. Actually, it's probably that. At least at UK outstanding recruiting masked his coaching inabilities. Some Louisville fans have grown weary of the dog and pony show, and all the dramatic accompanying accoutrement. Then again, some Louisville fans didn't like him to begin with, but recognized he was what Louisville needed at that point in time.

To me, the difference between the UK Pitino and the UL Pitino is simply staff.

The staffs he had at UK was mindboggling GREAT!!!!!! They could make even Dale Brown at LSU seem like the best coach EVER!!!

Tubby, Herb Sendek, Billy D, Ralph Willard, great minds on the bench and in practice.

To me, the difference between the UK Pitino and the UL Pitino is simply staff.

The staffs he had at UK was mindboggling GREAT!!!!!! They could make even Dale Brown at LSU seem like the best coach EVER!!!

Tubby, Herb Sendek, Billy D, Ralph Willard, great minds on the bench and in practice.

The (lack of) staff has a great deal to do with it; no doubt. But his arrogance doesn't allow him to address that (or, he's just preoccupied with other, non-hoops stuff).