Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teague To UK

Featured Replies

Here is the video I shot today of the announcement...

 

 

Nice video. Thanks for sharing GT.

  • Replies 243
  • Views 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
So what should we take out of it coming down to UK and UL with , apparently, UC being 3rd? Was he telling UC something different than the truth?

UC finished 2nd but that isn't how his dad wanted it portrayed to his former Coach...

UC finished 2nd but that isn't how his dad wanted it portrayed to his former Coach...

 

Per whom?

  • Author
Per whom?

Per closely following the situation for 3 years. Nothing from the UC side if that's what you are implying...

Per closely following the situation for 3 years. Nothing from the UC side if that's what you are implying...

 

Implying nothing.

 

However, I find it difficult to believe that a)Pitino feels better about beating UC and b)if the family was really concerned about Pitino's feelings let me tell you the one team that doesn't show that to be true. UK.

 

I have zero doubt he like Mick. I also am willing to bet that he would have picked UL even if he did love Mick. UC's in a tough spot to get top recruits right now. To the outside world(ie recruits) Mick's job is not secure. Why go to a struggling team with a coach you like that might not last? Doesn't make sense.

  • Author
Implying nothing.

 

However, I find it difficult to believe that a)Pitino feels better about beating UC and b)if the family was really concerned about Pitino's feelings let me tell you the one team that doesn't show that to be true. UK.

 

I have zero doubt he like Mick. I also am willing to bet that he would have picked UL even if he did love Mick. UC's in a tough spot to get top recruits right now. To the outside world(ie recruits) Mick's job is not secure. Why go to a struggling team with a coach you like that might not last? Doesn't make sense.

You can debate the merits of it all you want. It's over now and I have work to do to get ready for the weekend. They were assured by the AD and President of the school that Mick would be there if he picked UC. In the end he didn't so it no longer matters. Just answering the question you asked. If you don't buy it, I could care less...

You can debate the merits of it all you want. It's over now and I have work to do to get ready for the weekend. They were assured by the AD and President of the school that Mick would be there if he picked UC. In the end he didn't so it no longer matters. Just answering the question you asked. If you don't buy it, I could care less...

 

Read your reply.

 

Of course they said he would be there. The "we're not sure" route just doesnt seem to a good move, right?

  • Author
Read your reply.

 

Of course they said he would be there. The "we're not sure" route just doesnt seem to a good move, right?

I know what I said. UL was all but out the minute Junior left for Florida, but his dad did all he could to save face for his former coach. He even tried to push it back even farther to make it look like UL was fighting to the end. Marquis never clicked with the new assistants at UL, and as I reported here from the first time I talked to him after Cal was hired he just had a different look in his eye when talking about UK and Cal compared to others. Mick and UC fought up to 2nd, but the team simply didn't win enough to make a serious move at finishing it off. UK landed him, so the semantics really don't mean anything anyway now...

Marquise Teague:

 

"You know, I've got a great relationship with Coach Pitino...I've built a great bond with his whole family actually. A lot of people in Louisville, it was hard to tell them no. One of the hardest decisions ever made."

 

What's the deal with recruits these days? First Tennessee & their hostess program, now Pitino & Porcinis?

Nice video, GT. Is that a reserved spot or bar style seating?

 

I think 2011 will wind up being the best recruiting class ever, at least before any of them step onto the floor.

  • Author
Nice video, GT. Is that a reserved spot or bar style seating?

 

Get there early and beat the rest to a front row seat...

Get there early and beat the rest to a front row seat...

 

All that track is finally payin off huh? :walk:

 

Teague seemed awfully nervous at first & understandably so. He'll get used to the cameras & mics. :popcorn:

There is no way to underestimate the impact of this today Cal is on a roll and will not be stopped. He is clean he is at UK and he will continue to do this get use to it .

In 2006 when I joined BGP, for some reason I cannot say I enjoyed all of Gametime's posts. Over the years, like a fungus, he has grown on me and I have found myself reading his, LABS and a few others posts with great intensity because of their accuracy. I noticed it last night when he said Teague to UK. I knew it was a done deal. I even told a few family friends that it was so because I had read it here. Pretty impressive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.