Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 2010 schedule

Featured Replies

I don't understand how the NFL makes their schedule. Shouldn't the defending champ get the easiest and so on down the line?

 

It's exactly the opposite...

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is a thread about their schedule but I saw Peko today at the Crestview Mall. Then I see him removing his rubber bands prior to strapping on a helmet, then rides away on a motorcycle. I know you can't force guys to live a "safe" lifestyle but don't most contracts prohibit these types of activities?

I know this is a thread about their schedule but I saw Peko today at the Crestview Mall. Then I see him removing his rubber bands prior to strapping on a helmet, then rides away on a motorcycle. I know you can't force guys to live a "safe" lifestyle but don't most contracts prohibit these types of activities?

 

I'd want something in the contract about what happens if he wrecks it. An indemnification clause which would no longer guaranteed, or he gets less money (or owes Cincy some dough), or something to that effect.

 

I don't know that players (or their agents) would agree to a flat out motorcycle ban, but I think it's fair to discuss what happens if it goes sour.

At first glance, I see home wins against Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Miami, Buffalo, and either Pittsburgh or Baltimore; away wins at Cleveland, Atlanta, possibly Carolina. Somewhere around 7-9, 8-8, 9-7.

 

Key will be division play and getting off to a quick start. Lots of winnable games right after Game 1.

Good thing is he does not have far to ride from them to get home!

  • Author

Thanks to the mod who corrected my thread title error.

 

My guess on their schedule is an 7-9, 8-8, 9-7

 

As we saw last year, the Bengals were winning those close games by making plays down the stretch. Those 2 or 3 wins here or there is what determines a playoff team.

 

If the Bengals can stay healthy and get a couple of those close games to go their way, it wouldn't shock me to see them win 10 or more. Of course you don't have to be a Cincinnati expert to know the history of this franchise and if they were to go 5-11 or 6-10, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Is everyone assuming the Patriots game is a loss?

Is everyone assuming the Patriots game is a loss?

 

Not me. The Patriots are not scary anymore, and after the beating the Ravens put on the Pats last year. I don't think anyone would be to scared to play them this year. Their defense is not that great, and offensively they are still pretty good. However for that first game of the year Welker still probably won't be 100 percent. So I really like the Bengals chances.

I don't understand how the NFL makes their schedule. Shouldn't the defending champ get the easiest and so on down the line?

It is based on where you finish in the division the previous season. You play a home and home with division foes. Then, since the Bengals won their division, they have to play every other team that won their divisions in the AFC. Plus the AFC north is paired up with another AFC division (this year being the AFC East) and one division in the NFC (this year being the NFC south). The idea is to have every team play every team in the NFL over a 4 year span. Everyone knew who the Bengals were playing this season by the end of last December, just not the order of the games.

I don't understand how the NFL makes their schedule. Shouldn't the defending champ get the easiest and so on down the line?

 

NFL scheduling is pretty easy. You play your division teams twice. So thats six games. You play one division in the AFC which rotates every year and that is another 4 games. Then one division in the NFC every year that rotates, so that is another 4 games which is 14 games total so far. So that only leaves two other games. Those two other games are determined by where you finished the season before. Since the Bengals finished first, they get the first place teams from the other two division in the AFC. That is why as soon as the season is over, people know who actually will be on their schedule. They just don't know the where and when until April.

Not me. The Patriots are not scary anymore, and after the beating the Ravens put on the Pats last year. I don't think anyone would be to scared to play them this year. Their defense is not that great, and offensively they are still pretty good. However for that first game of the year Welker still probably won't be 100 percent. So I really like the Bengals chances.

 

I agree. I see anywhere from 5-0 to 3-2 going into the bye. I think how they come out of the 1st 5 games will seal the deal for this team. Anything worse than 3-2 and they are in trouble.

It's possible this team could go 1-6, but I'm holding out hope that our defense is legit.

 

I'll know more after the draft. I was pumped about the season following last year's draft.

 

At first glance, it's a brutal schedule. But, if we can win inside our division again, we can make the playoffs.

 

I actually think the first part of the schedule is the easiest part of it. I think they could be and need to be about 4 and 1 going into the bye week. After the bye week it really gets brutal.

I think the Bengals could start 6-1. Then its gets very difficult for them. My first guess is 10-6.

Really need to start off 2-1 in order to win 10 games. 8-9 might be the correct number.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.