April 4, 201016 yr I am UK fan but how can you say anything if you go back and look at the brackets Duke played high seeds that UK did in their bracket. Plus Duke beat the team that beat UK by 7 by 21 points. Not much left to say. Just think of how mad we would have all been to have beaten WVU then lost to Duke. I dont' know about mad, probably less upset than I was that we lost in the Elite. My dislike for Duke, doesn't trump wanting to see my team win as many games as possible. Any news on Butler? How bad was the injury? Lastly, like many others that I have read on facebook. Bob Huggins earned some respect from me last night. I sure hope that some photographers took some good pictures of that.
April 4, 201016 yr I guess that settles the debate over whether Duke or WVU should have gotten that last #1 seed. I'm not a Duke fan but I really like the way this team plays together. I think Zoubek becoming a serious factor down the stretch has given them the toughness to compliment a very smooth offensive game. Congrats to the Duke fans on here again. It will be a tough environment on Monday as everyone that is not a Duke fan will be cheering for the Bulldogs but I think Duke has the better team. Should be an interesting game.
April 4, 201016 yr Good time of year to be playing arguably your best ball. Great game from Duke last night. Congrats to the Duke fans on here. One more to go though.
April 4, 201016 yr Easy road to the final four + other top teams getting knocked out= National Championship for Duke. UK didn't have an easy road until WVU? UK had 1 game the entire season against a team that was either a 1, 2 or 3 seed in the tournament. That game didn't come until the elite 8 and they got outplayed, not much you can say about that.
April 4, 201016 yr I guess that settles the debate over whether Duke or WVU should have gotten that last #1 seed. I'm not a Duke fan but I really like the way this team plays together. I think Zoubek becoming a serious factor down the stretch has given them the toughness to compliment a very smooth offensive game. Congrats to the Duke fans on here again. It will be a tough environment on Monday as everyone that is not a Duke fan will be cheering for the Bulldogs but I think Duke has the better team. Should be an interesting game. I agree. I don't really care for Duke but they are playing fantastic basketball right now and I think this season might be Coach K's best coaching display ever. I hope Butler wins but I don't see that happening.
April 4, 201016 yr From Andy Katz's twitter.... ESPNAndyKatz West Virginia confirms torn ACL, two bone bruises and yes that knee sprain (MCL). Awful news for Da'Sean Butler.
April 4, 201016 yr From Andy Katz's twitter.... ESPNAndyKatz West Virginia confirms torn ACL, two bone bruises and yes that knee sprain (MCL). Awful news for Da'Sean Butler. That sucks. He looked as in pain as any player I've seen in some time.
April 4, 201016 yr That sucks. He looked as in pain as any player I've seen in some time. I hate to see anyone get hurt especially a senior playing in his last collegiate game. This is likely going to hurt his draft status as well since he will not be able to workout for any teams. I hope he can recover. He had a great college career.
April 4, 201016 yr It was amazing how much Coach Huggs settled him down in the midst of that awful pain. Truly one of the coolest scenes ever in sports as you saw how much the coach cared for one of his kids.
April 5, 201016 yr I am UK fan but how can you say anything if you go back and look at the brackets Duke played high seeds that UK did in their bracket. Plus Duke beat the team that beat UK by 7 by 21 points. Not much left to say. Just think of how mad we would have all been to have beaten WVU then lost to Duke. All I am saying is UK would have given Duke a better game, there you happy. At no time did I say UK had a tougher road than Duke, just said they had a farily easy bracket.
April 5, 201016 yr Duke looked good, actually very good. Their spacing and passing looked like a clinic and had WVU scrambling the entire game and their defense was solid for 40 minutes........would have more than likely beaten anybody last night. Butler has to make it ugly and physical and hope that Duke is shooting the way they did against Purdue to have any shot at all of winning. If they have an offensive drought Monday like they did in the semifinals, they won't be able to catch up in this game.
April 5, 201016 yr Duke is a very good team. They actually remind me of a lot of the teams Rick Pitino had. They are very athletic, and can shoot the ball. I hate to say it, but they are fun to watch. I would like them even more though, if it was not Duke.
April 5, 201016 yr From Andy Katz's twitter.... ESPNAndyKatz West Virginia confirms torn ACL, two bone bruises and yes that knee sprain (MCL). Awful news for Da'Sean Butler. I called that one from the recliner at the girlfriends house. He tried to pull up and elevate and his knee just kept going. Factor that in with it being late in the game, that tends to be when serious injuries take place, alot of time fatigue plays a huge part in those injuries. It SUCKS that it happened, seems like a great guy, hope he can recover quickly! I tweaked my knee today after playing for about an hour and a half and as soon as it happened I got myself up and called it a day just not worth it but I sure do feel for Butler, that young man carried his team a long way.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.