Newport Central Catholic 5 Boone County 4

Deno and Doyle both pitched very well. NCC played small ball and scored 4 runs in the 4th. Brady Gray got the win for the Breds in relief of Brian Doyle. With 2 outs in the 7th, Gray hit a single followed by a Chris Kelly single. Nate Seibert hit a soft grounder to 3rd that was thrown wildly to first allowing pinch runner Tyler Lampe to score from second base. Decent game by both teams.

Any word on the injury to Boone 2nd baseman Doug Teegarden? He hurt his wrist covering first on a Newcath bunt, wild throw made him come up line and Newcath baserunner hit his glove hand. He stayed in the game but was in obvious pain.

Any word on the injury to Boone 2nd baseman Doug Teegarden? He hurt his wrist covering first on a Newcath bunt, wild throw made him come up line and Newcath baserunner hit his glove hand. He stayed in the game but was in obvious pain.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me my senior year in baseball. I finished the game by just taping my wrist but it was very painful.

When I went and got x-rays it ended up being a compound fracture. I know Doug personally so I hope everything works out for him and it isn't a serious injury.

I've seen all three games. Conner looks to be the best of the three right now. Ryle a very close second and Boone the third best. Boone is young. I believe the top three teams right now are Dixie, Conner and Ryle. Beechwood, CovCath, NCC, Holy Cross and Boone will improve as the season progresses and will be ready in May.

Teagarden broke his wrist and will in a cast for at least five weeks. Tough loss to the Rebs! Good infielder, pitcher, and hitter. He will be tough to fill in for the next month.

Provides a good opportunity for others to step in and step up!