12th Region- Who is going to be the top 5 teams in the region?

Rowan has two football players that start, that has not been with the team that long. Adam Wing and Darrell Cross. Cross has missed both scrimmages due to being out of town for the holidays. IMO West is still a team to be watched from what I saw. I to agree that all things being equal, when Wing and Cross get into mental and physical basketball shape, Rowan should be better.

How about when West's 6'6" center Sean Donaldson gets into basketball mental and physical shape? He was their wide receiver. I truly don't think there is anyone in the region that is better than West's front line of Pohl, Hager/Donaldson and Strait. It will cause some serious match-up problems. Rowan was bigger (and perhaps better) than any team West will see in the 12th region and they held their own very well.

East and Mercer will both be very good and won't have a problem scoring, but in the end, their size may hurt them a little. It should be a tough district.

It doesn't matter if Rowan is eventually better, the next time West could see them is in Rupp...if Rowan makes it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowan has two football players that start, that has not been with the team that long. Adam Wing and Darrell Cross. Cross has missed both scrimmages due to being out of town for the holidays. IMO West is still a team to be watched from what I saw. I to agree that all things being equal, when Wing and Cross get into mental and physical basketball shape, Rowan should be better.

That is all I am saying. I agree.

How about when West's 6'6" center Sean Donaldson gets into basketball mental and physical shape? He was their wide receiver. I truly don't think there is anyone in the region that is better than West's front line of Pohl, Hager/Donaldson and Strait. It will cause some serious match-up problems. Rowan was bigger (and perhaps better) than any team West will see in the 12th region and they held their own very well.

East and Mercer will both be very good and won't have a problem scoring, but in the end, their size may hurt them a little. It should be a tough district.

It doesn't matter if Rowan is eventually better, the next time West could see them is in Rupp...if Rowan makes it.

I agree. I am not trying to slight West and I hope it doesn't come off that way. IMO, I think MErcer and East will be better than West based off of what I saw this summer. I didn't see West this summer that is why I am not saying they aren't a top 5 team, I just think East and Mercer will be better. Time will tell.

The rumor that I was told was that Cam Burgess, Tevin Raines, Max Meckes, Rob Caudill and Heath Mountjoy were not going to play basketball for Danville this year. From what I understand they are all playing and I cannot confirm that they have reported to practice yet after football but from everyone who I have talked to who would know they have all had a change of heart and will be playing basketball at Danville this year. Which is why I am glad I didn't put this out there when I heard it. I had a hard time believing they wouldn't be playing. Especially Tevin.

The rumor that I was told was that Cam Burgess, Tevin Raines, Max Meckes, Rob Caudill and Heath Mountjoy were not going to play basketball for Danville this year. From what I understand they are all playing and I cannot confirm that they have reported to practice yet after football but from everyone who I have talked to who would know they have all had a change of heart and will be playing basketball at Danville this year. Which is why I am glad I didn't put this out there when I heard it. I had a hard time believing they wouldn't be playing. Especially Tevin.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for letting us know.

No problem. Funny thing is, I spoke with people who are Danville fans on Tuesday and they said, "yeah, they are playing." I spoke with some non-Danville fans who said they spoke directly with a couple of those guys I mentioned and those guys said they told them they weren't playing. I guess we'll find out soon enough if any have gone to practice this week or plan on coming out. As of today I was told Tevin, Cam and Mountjoy weren't going to play. Stay tuned. As soon as I can confirm it, I'll post it.