Elisha Justice wins record third 15th Region tournament MVP

Congratulations to Elisha Justice for winning his third MVP for the 15th region tournament. He won the award his freshmen, junior and senior year.

Winning it his freshmen year has also never been done by any other freshmen in 15th region history.

Regardless of what region he plays in, this is a great accomplishment.

Congrats to Justice and good luck at Rupp!

History question: What other players around the state have won 3 region tournament MVPs? I am sure there are some other great players throughout the history of Ky basketball to do this.

Help me out with some history. Thanks!

It's a fantastic feat. I think the thread title may be misleading

Not misleading, it is a record in the 15th. I would have thought J.R. Vanhoose, John Pelphrey, or Todd May would have maybe done it, but no one in the 15th has ever won more than 2 MVP's.

I was just wandering if anyone had done this in another region before.

Great accomplishment. If I remember correctly, when John and Todd played, the MVP was not announced, they were just part of the all tournament team. Not sure when they actually started announcing.

Also, interesting bit of trivia. These are 4 of the best players to come out of the 15th region in the last 30 years and they come from just 2 schools. Painstville for John and JR and Shelby Valley (which is a combo school of what was Virgie and Dorton) for Justice and May.

Great accomplishment. If I remember correctly, when John and Todd played, the MVP was not announced, they were just part of the all tournament team. Not sure when they actually started announcing.
A few years ago, when the KHSAA got some sponsorship for the award.