Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UofL 78 Syracuse 68

Featured Replies

That was one of my favorite games of this season. I loved seeing the Cards close out Freedom Hall in style. As I watched Kuric light it up, I had flash backs of other great shooting performances I have seen in Freedom Hall. Two that came to mind were the Houston vs. Farmer shoot out and Pitino's Providence team led by Billy Donovan. This UK fan says great job Cards! I am rooting for you all the way ... unless you play my Cats of course.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I am not a UofL basketball fan I will say I caught myself thinking about the UofL tradition today. One has to appreciate all of the great players that played in Freedom Hall over the year. Many great games played there over the years but I am sure the fans are looking forward to the new arena as well.

On a side note the Cards could make some major noise in the tourney and you gotta love it when a kid capitalize on an opportunity the way he did today.

Helps U K's RPI and puts UK back moving toward the top, probably sets UK at a #2 overall seed in the upcoming tournament. I can see a Kansas/UK match up in the finals already and its just now March.

Pretty neat scene today at Freedom Hall.

 

You knew L was going to bring it and it didnt seem like they were headed in the right direction, but Kuric was unreal.

 

UL's ticket has been punched for a while now, especially with how bad the bubble is.

This year is a major reason why they shouldnt expand the tourney.

What a way to close out the Hall. If you hadn't watched the Cards prior to this afternoon, you would have thought Kuric was a 1st team AA.

Doug Gottleib is an idiot... He just said Louisville still needs to win a game in the BE Tourney to get in.

 

He also didn't think they were in unless they beat Cuse this game. Well, .. they did it but that isn't enough for him? He also thinks UConn should be in. Yet, UConn will finish with a losing conference record while UL has a winning conference record.

 

Lunardi had it right with UL in before this game. This win just solidifies their spot, ... it is just a matter of seeing now. The Big East is brutal this year with 3 teams in the top 10 and the RPI top 50 LOADED with conference teams. I usually like to listen to Gottlieb, but I think he is dead wrong on this one.

 

BTW, you can't close a facility any better than by beating the #1 team in the country. Congrats to the Cards from this UK fan!!! :thumb:

No I wouldn't. I would much rather have a player I can watch grow through his career and have a game like this than have one who is only attending a school because of the 1 year rule.

 

I know it sounds weird, and maybe if UK wins the title, I'd change my tune, but I agree....I would much rather have someone I could invest my "fandom" in.

I know it sounds weird, and maybe if UK wins the title, I'd change my tune, but I agree....I would much rather have someone I could invest my "fandom" in.

 

That is one of the reasons that Chuck Hayes was so well loved at UK. He was a 4-year man. Same for Prince as well. Fans do love to have players they get to see play for 4 years. Even 3 years.

 

It was funny because I think MANY UK fans were cheering for the Cards today.

 

1. Closing an historic arena

2. Playing the #1 team in the country

3. UL is an instate school and we should want them to do well

4. And selfishly, ... would help UK's RPI to have a team they beat to have a season sweep over the #1 team

 

Personally, while #4 was a small factor for me, ... I was cheering for them mostly because of #1 & #3. GREAT win.

 

At The Arena in Corbin during the 13th region semis, .. they announced (in a VERY heavy Big Blue area) that UL had beaten Syracuse, .. and a big cheer went up in the stands. That was good to hear!!!

 

At The Arena in Corbin during the 13th region semis, .. they announced (in a VERY heavy Big Blue area) that UL had beaten Syracuse, .. and a big cheer went up in the stands. That was good to hear!!!

That is pretty awesome.

 

It was funny because I think MANY UK fans were cheering for the Cards today.

:thumb:

 

From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank (and congratulate) UL. :clap: Amazing perfomance by Kuric.

Has this game already be replayed on ESPNU or ESPN? If not, does anyone know if it will be,forgot to tape yesterday afternoon. Thanks

What can I say,just WOW,this has to be one of the greatest UL wins ever.

Congratulations Cards:dancingpa

What a way to leave Freedom Hall. Great performance and an electric atmosphere. Cards defeat #1 for the 4th time in their history.

 

Kyle Kuric is a Carinal legend, 22 second half points.

 

This is my favorite Card win in years...:dancingpa

Mine Too!!
Has this game already be replayed on ESPNU or ESPN? If not, does anyone know if it will be,forgot to tape yesterday afternoon. Thanks

 

Anyone know if this will be replayed again? Can't find anything.

tale of two halfs.

 

Amazing how you can look so good when shots fall you, and look so bad when they don't.....but yet you are running the same offensive sets.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.