Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UofL 78 Syracuse 68

Featured Replies

At The Arena in Corbin during the 13th region semis, .. they announced (in a VERY heavy Big Blue area) that UL had beaten Syracuse, .. and a big cheer went up in the stands. That was good to hear!!!

 

I would say the majority of the UK fanbase is like that and were pulling for UL yesterday. Too bad most UL fans really never get to see that side of the Big Blue Nation.

 

I am talking about the blue collar UK fans, the less vocal masses who make up the meat of the fanbase and have a sense of perspective about it. Not the very vocal minority (whats that percentage again?) that creates the majority of the bad press and casts that dark shadow over the rest of us.

 

This is one of the former who is genuinely happy for U of L and for one day at least felt like a Cardinal.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win for the Cards. So glad for Kuric. Love to see kids like him get the spotlight, well deserved.

Anyone know if this will be replayed again? Can't find anything.

 

I couldn't find it either so I dont think it will be replayed.

Great win for the Cards. So glad for Kuric. Love to see kids like him get the spotlight, well deserved.

 

It really is a unique story. A gamble on his part if you will. He was a hometown legend. His school just a few blocks from U of Evansville's campus and they did build a strong relationship with him. Kyle simply wanted more.

 

He showed potential early in the season. It all came out yesterday, not a second too early either.

Anybody who didn't enjoy that game and that performance by Kuric needs their pulse checked. For a team that stayed on the bubble all season, U of L is going to be a very dangerous opponent in March.

 

They're capable of beating anybody and it wouldn't suprise me if they lost their first round game.

Anybody who didn't enjoy that game and that performance by Kuric needs their pulse checked. For a team that stayed on the bubble all season, U of L is going to be a very dangerous opponent in March.

 

They're capable of beating anybody and it wouldn't suprise me if they lost their first round game.

 

You don't have to root for the team, but you can at least root for players like Kuric. I know that sounds like mismatch in terms of thought, but its possible and it is a good thing.

UL just shot another three:D

 

HUGE win for UL. Congrats :thumb:

Anyone know if this will be replayed again? Can't find anything.

 

I couldn't find it either so I dont think it will be replayed.
It's sitting out there on ESPN360. I watched it last night after the MSU/MSU game and watching the replay of UConn/USF. I love ESPN360. :thumb:

Poor Kuric. He finally learns how to shoot in Freedom Hall and then the team moves to a different arena.

After watching the game yesterday, I was reminded of when WVA had Pittsnogle, and everyone would say a team got Pittsnogled. Well, yesterday, Syracuse got Kuric'd. That kid will forever be a legend in UL Basketball history for the way he played in probably the most emotionally important game in UL history. And this team will go down in history as well. A marginal team, playing the last UL game in Freedom hall, playing the #1 team in the country and beating them. The atmosphere on TV was spine-tingling. I can only imagine how awesome it was at the game. Kudos to the fans for conveying that UL Basketball is really important to the fans as well. Yesterday's fan performance translated tremendously well on air!

After watching the game yesterday, I was reminded of when WVA had Pittsnogle, and everyone would say a team got Pittsnogled. Well, yesterday, Syracuse got Kuric'd. That kid will forever be a legend in UL Basketball history for the way he played in probably the most emotionally important game in UL history. And this team will go down in history as well. A marginal team, playing the last UL game in Freedom hall, playing the #1 team in the country and beating them. The atmosphere on TV was spine-tingling. I can only imagine how awesome it was at the game. Kudos to the fans for conveying that UL Basketball is really important to the fans as well. Yesterday's fan performance translated tremendously well on air!

 

Thanks Rockmom,I was pulling hard for the Cards...:thumb:

  • Author

One thing loss in the celebration, I hope Jerry Smith is well. Hate to see him miss the postseason, being his senior season. He's had an up and down year, but he's been a great Card throughout his career. He carried them early yesterday too.

Anybody who didn't enjoy that game and that performance by Kuric needs their pulse checked. For a team that stayed on the bubble all season, U of L is going to be a very dangerous opponent in March.

 

They're capable of beating anybody and it wouldn't suprise me if they lost their first round game.

 

:thumb:

 

I never root for the Cards and at one point I turned to my buddy and said, "Wow, this is pretty cool I don't care who your team is." I'm guessing the Orange fans didn't feel the same way.

One thing loss in the celebration, I hope Jerry Smith is well. Hate to see him miss the postseason, being his senior season. He's had an up and down year, but he's been a great Card throughout his career. He carried them early yesterday too.

 

Maybe it is just me, but they seem to play better when he is not in.

  • Author
Maybe it is just me, but they seem to play better when he is not in.

 

They do a lot of times (same with Sosa). But I still hate to see a senior leader not be able to finish. He's been a solid player at UofL. He's top 10 in steals, 3pt fg's, and a 1000 pt scorer.

 

I'm fine with Knowles getting his minutes. But honestly, they need him for guard depth as much as anything at this point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.