Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brawl in Berea-IUS game?

Featured Replies

The rest of them were ejected for leaving the bench.

But wasn't the three players of each team already on the court?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But wasn't the three players of each team already on the court?

 

From the article...

 

"Two players from each squad — Berea’s Josh Mallory and Rudy Evans and IUSE’s Alex Gravelle and Kevin Slaughter — were both ejected for fighting. Players ejected for fighting are subject to a one-game suspension, as are players who leave the bench and participate in an on-court altercation."

 

All of the players on both teams participated in the altercation in one way or another; therefore all were ejected and all will be suspended one game.

So will both teams need to forfeit their next game or are only the player's that actually fault suspended with the plus 1?

I am surprised he was doing a KIAC game, do most major college refs do that?

 

I think John does a couple of KIAC game a year to stay loyal to those that got him to the "big leagues."

Alright guys, I have a video coming soon of this craziness. Someone finally called me tonight that was at the game and he says it was by far the wildest situation he has ever witnessed. Should be some good footage...

Alright guys, I have a video coming soon of this craziness. Someone finally called me tonight that was at the game and he says it was by far the wildest situation he has ever witnessed. Should be some good footage...

 

I think it will definitely be interesting to see that game tape.

Is it just me, or does the fact that it happened at a Berea game make it that much wilder?

The suspensions have been given out:

6 players from IU-SE and 5 from Berea. That is coming from a very good source.

The Maysville Ledger-Independent reported this morning in their paper that the brawl started when Mason County graduate and Berea leading scorer Micah Turner laid a hard screen on an ISU player and things started from there. Is Turner one of the suspended?

The Maysville Ledger-Independent reported this morning in their paper that the brawl started when Mason County graduate and Berea leading scorer Micah Turner laid a hard screen on an ISU player and things started from there. Is Turner one of the suspended?

 

I don't have names yet, just total players ejected.

  • Author
The Maysville Ledger-Independent reported this morning in their paper that the brawl started when Mason County graduate and Berea leading scorer Micah Turner laid a hard screen on an ISU player and things started from there. Is Turner one of the suspended?

 

I don't have names yet, just total players ejected.

 

The Richmond Register story I posted (Maysville picked up Richmond's story off AP) wasn't real clear about the level of Turner's participation in the fight, so I would be hesitant to say yea or nay, but since the incident erupted after the play he was involved in, it seems likely he would've been right in the middle of it. On the other hand, there were two other incidents in that game, so tensions were brewing. The Richmond story also says these two teams have had previous issues as well.

The video is out. I put it on my site, but will wait for a mod's permission before I post it on here.

The video is out. I put it on my site, but will wait for a mod's permission before I post it on here.

 

Saw the video. I can see where they booted everyone. Looked pretty crazy.

Is it just me, or does the fact that it happened at a Berea game make it that much wilder?

 

Thats what I'm thinking. I went to college there for a semester. I will talk to some of the people I still know down there see if I can find anything out.

It says the video has been removed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.