Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke -vs- Carolina....what say you?

Duke or North Carolina; Who wins? 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Duke or North Carolina; Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

...this game has me petrified. I would like to think that Duke should roll. But it is a rivalry game, and this first edition is at Carolina. Forgive me, if I would rather Carolina be at the top of their game, as I feel Duke is known to play to play to the level of their competition. I fully expect Duke to represent, but I am disheartened in that I hoped they'd not be so dependent on the outside shot. Particularly this late in the season. They have to get away from the three.

 

Who wins? What say you? Does Duke have a shot at one of the 1 seeds?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

...can a mod add a poll, I screwed up?

Duke by 8-12

I think for Duke to be the last one seed they'll need finish the regular season 7-1 and at least make it to the ACC finals. If they do that, I believe it will be enough. It also depends how the top 3,4 in the Big East finish. They need Nova and WVU to drop a few.

Is if possible for them to both lose or end in a tie? Didn't think so. I picked UNC just to be different, but I think Duke rolls.

This game worries me too. Carolina has struggled mightily but this is the biggest rivalry in all of college basketball, they will be ready for this game IMO. Heck, they can't suck every game right? :lol: Hope Duke comes out hitting and DRIVING too, not just relying on outside. I'll say Duke by 5.

 

As far as a 1 seed, I'm not so sure. They'd have to play stellar ball down the stretch and win the ACC, which is possible. I believe their more likely destination is a 2 though.

This is Carolina's last stand. They will probably win by a point, move to 14-10 and crack the top 20.

In all honesty, I see this game being close, but Carolina has just lost all confidence. We all realized they would be down this season compared to last, but they still field enough talent to be a top 20 team. Something is not right in Tar Heel land.

I think Duke struggles to put NC away even though they lead the entire game. If Duke wants to be a #1 seed I think they need help from the top. They need some key losses from teams ahead of them and a good showing in the ACC tournament. A winner or runner up seed in the ACC tournament gives them a shot at a #1. Anything less drops them out of consideration IMO.

And let us not forget that Duke has struggled on the road this season. UNC has struggled everywhere, but still...

I'm going with UNC, simply because their backs are to the wall, and I think they'll come out & play well. And Duke hasn't been that impressive on the road in a less-than-stellar ACC.

I would think that Duke should win this by 8-12. However, I agree with most people on here in the sense that UNC has their backs against the wall, can't stink everygame, biggest rivalry in college basketball, etc, etc. etc. And, if Duke relies too much on the 3's (and aren't hitting them!)...things could go south in a hurry.

 

As to a #1 seed...I would think it's unlikely at this point in time. I could see the SEC, Big 12, and possibly two Big East teams snagging those. All depends on the conference tournaments and who might have a strong/weak showing.

Duke wins decisively.

Duke by 20. UNC will be lucky to be NIT bound by the end of the season IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.