Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota/Tubby Smith

Featured Replies

  • Author
I feel for him actually. I don't understand why you guys want to see him fail at another school. UK fans got their wish when he left and he moved on, why can't you all?

 

Because he nearly drove the UK program over a cliff and took $2mm on the way out the door. That's a starting point.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

 

:thumb:

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

 

Actually, not as long as he keeps up what he's doing now, it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Those who always hated Tubby will only post when they lose or things aren't going well. Those who always loved Tubby will only post when they win. I guess nobody can move on.

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

 

Agree totally! I felt like Tubby wasn't treated well here, but it was time he moved on. I've wished and continue to wish our former coach all the best. He did nothing to disgrace our program in any way. Don't understand any venom or ill wishes towards him.

Agree totally! I felt like Tubby wasn't treated well here, but it was time he moved on. I've wished and continue to wish our former coach all the best. He did nothing to disgrace our program in any way. Don't understand any venom or ill wishes towards him.

 

I agree.

 

Out of the last 4 UK coaches (Pitino, Tubby, BCG & Calipari) there is only one of them I would not want my kid to play for. And that one I normally use initials for! :D

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

 

I'm with you Watusi. Tubby Smith definitely gave us some good years and at the end it was time for him to move on and for the program to move on...and that is what happen.

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

 

:thumb: Hard for me to fathom how anyone could dislike Tubby Smith. He was and still is a class act in my book.

:thumb: Hard for me to fathom how anyone could dislike Tubby Smith. He was and still is a class act in my book.

 

He sucks!!! He's so boring.

I really like Tubby and I don't want to see him fail. He was a great coach in every way while at UK, with the exception of letting recruiting slip and being loyal to assistant coaches he should have replaced. He paid the price for that and moved on. It was time for him to move on and a change was needed, but I have no ill will towards him.

 

I feel sorry for those who hold on to that hatred for him, it must be a sad place where they are.

 

That was my only major frustration with Tubby. He's a heck of an X's and O's coach, but recruiting was not his forte, nor was the quality of his staff. The part I've bolded above is what pushed me over the edge with Tubby because his unwillingness to change his staff was a huge part of why he eventually left, and exactly how many of said assistants did he bring with him to Minnesota? Loyalty indeed.

It's a shame that there are those of you who are happy to see this. Boy I wish some of you would pick another team to cheer for.

It's a shame that there are those of you who are happy to see this. Boy I wish some of you would pick another team to cheer for.

 

:laugh:

:l

Ah so you knew I was talking to you.

 

I guess I'm starting to realize that you can't have a negative opinion about anything UK basketball or UK basketball related and be "true" fan. No wonder they talk about the UK fanbase so. And I'm sorry to dissapoint you. :laugh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.