Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds in the NL Central

Where will the Reds finish? 57 members have voted

  1. 1. Where will the Reds finish?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I feel like this division is a lot better then what people think. I look for the main contenders to be St. Louis and Chicago, but this isn't a lock.

 

There are many questions with the Reds this year but if they can keep Rolen healthy, have Votto put up numbers like we know he can, and have a strong and consistent rotation then there is no doubt they could make a run.

 

This franchise is headed in the right direction under Walt, I think he has made some great moves and will continue to do so.

 

So, my prediction is they finish 3rd, but I could see them in the race very late. Where do you guys think the Reds end up this year?

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The keys to the offense are Bruce and finding a viable leadoff hitter.

 

There isn't any reason to think Bruce won't eventually be a fine hitter. The leadoff slot seems a little more problematic at this point, although Dickerson could probably do it as a platoon guy.

  • Author
The keys to the offense are Bruce and finding a viable leadoff hitter.

 

There isn't any reason to think Bruce won't eventually be a fine hitter. The leadoff slot seems a little more problematic at this point, although Dickerson could probably do it as a platoon guy.

 

I think Dickerson will be a good leadoff hitter. Bruce will be improved, but I think he is still a year or two away from being consistently good.

Stubbs will be the leadoff hitter, you know only the CF can hit leadoff for Baker...

For the first time in what seems like forever, the Reds could still be playing for something in September. They'd have to avoid injuries and some things need to play out perfectly, but there is more to like about this team than any recent Reds' team. Bruce is key IMO. He needs to hit .280 range and 30+ HR's.

It's the Brewers division to lose. I say the Reds finish fourth.

If the pitching staff stays healthy they will be in contention perhaps right up until the September swoon. Agree about Bruce needing to be a major contributor. As for Dickerson in the 1hole, he can't be worse than what they've trotted out there in the recent past can he?

It's the Brewers division to lose. I say the Reds finish fourth.

 

 

 

Didn't you say that all last year? :D I would think the Cardinals have to be the favorite.

Third and a winning record 82-80.

Didn't you say that all last year? :D I would think the Cardinals have to be the favorite.

I've said it the past three years. No reason to change now.

Holliday and Pujols will be an RBI machine. I see the Reds finishing 3rd. Votto HAS to be a leader on this team for them to be successful. Rolen also has to come up big this season. Im saying Votto and Bruce will have 30+ homeruns. Phillips and Rolen will each have 100+ RBI's and 20+ homeruns. Volquez(if healthy) will have 12+ wins.

Cincinnati Reds '10 - 88-74

I'm more optimistic about this season's team than usual. On paper I think they have the makings of a solid team, but they have some missing pieces here and there. Not to mention a long drought of success. I think they'll finish around third, maybe as high as second behind the Cardinals.

Volquez(if healthy) will have 12+ wins.
Reports are that Volquez won't be back until July at the earliest.

I feel they are probably a 3rd place team but could finish 2nd behind the Cards. I don't think Chicago is as good as a lot of people think and I don't think that Chicago and Milwaukee have that great a pitching staff. Houston will be beneath the Reds and Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh

Reports are that Volquez won't be back until July at the earliest.

 

:thumb:

 

He has begun a tossing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.