Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision by Coach Cal

Featured Replies

I love Coach Calipari but, was anyone else disappointed when he put Cousins back in the game yesterday after the technical? Not just because he got one but because of his reaction to Coach Cal afterward. If I'm his HS coach, there is no way I put him back in an risk him getting him and I ejected from this game and the next. I realize college is different and so are college coaches but the game was never really in doubt. I thought it would have been a good lesson to DC.

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered the same thing. Sort of an Urban Meyer kind of punishment

I agree but also disagree.

 

There are two different ways of handling the situation in my opinion.

 

If you really want to send a message to Cousins, don't just make him set the rest of the game, send him to the locker room.

 

If you want to show him that you have confidence in him, send him back in the game and tell him you better not see him speaking to anyone who isn't wearing blue and white.

 

Either way, if I'm Cal, Cousins definitely has more conditioning to do the next practice than the rest of the team.

Why would Coach Cal be in jeopardy of missing the next game if Cousins were ejected?

:idunno: Until you hear every word and wear those shoes...

Coach Cal wants to win and knows about the pressure to win in KY.

ummm... no.

 

Should Stallings have sat on the bench and let an assistant coach after he got his (and kept harassing the ref afterwards)?

You bench them and always put them back in the game if/when they realize they messed up. That is what person wearing these shoes always did. If they get another and get disqualified then they go to the locker room and sit out the entire next game.

You bench them and always put them back in the game if/when they realize they messed up. That is what person wearing these shoes always did. If they get another and get disqualified then they go to the locker room and sit out the entire next game.

 

The coach would not be ejected just because a player gets 2 Ts.

The coach would not be ejected just because a player gets 2 Ts.

 

The player goes and the coach stays.:thumb:

The player goes and the coach stays.:thumb:

 

Sorry. The "they" made me think you were referring to both parties.

This isn't high school. If he does this in the NBA then he would not even get taken out of the game

I do know after the U of L game he was asked about the early technicals. The exchange went something like this:

 

Calipari:"Were they on me?"

Reporter:"No".

Calipari:"Then I don't care."

  • Author
Why would Coach Cal be in jeopardy of missing the next game if Cousins were ejected?

 

He wouldn't. That's a HS rule.

 

:idunno: Until you hear every word and wear those shoes...

 

I agree. I know I wouldn't like it if he got a technical and then came over acting like that.

 

ummm... no.

 

Should Stallings have sat on the bench and let an assistant coach after he got his (and kept harassing the ref afterwards)?

 

That makes no sense--completely different situation. It's his job to talk to the officials. It's not DC's.

 

I do know after the U of L game he was asked about the early technicals. The exchange went something like this:

 

Calipari:"Were they on me?"

Reporter:"No".

Calipari:"Then I don't care."

 

I didn't hear this at the time. Surprised he's so lax on the whole issue. If this is the case, only bad things can come from it.

Sometimes the coach needs to side with the officials and scold the player. Sometimes the coach needs to scold the officials and side with the player. Sometimes it's somewhere in the middle.

 

I'd say this incident ended up somewhere in the middle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.