Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision by Coach Cal

Featured Replies

I do believe that the players talk and interact with referees more than they should. It has increased sharp-ly over the past three years. They need to make that "a point of emphasis" next year. Coaches should be able to talk to refs, not players. The way Wall, Cousins reacted to the refs against Vandy got old. They may have been correct with how the call went, but they reacted pretty immature. But I love them, I hope they better.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that has impressed me the most about Calipari is his communication skills in handling his players, the media, the fans etc. I have 100% confidence that Coach Cal does and will continue to coach Cousins in the way that is most effective for Cousins and the team.

I do believe that the players talk and interact with referees more than they should. It has increased sharp-ly over the past three years. They need to make that "a point of emphasis" next year. Coaches should be able to talk to refs, not players. The way Wall, Cousins reacted to the refs against Vandy got old. They may have been correct with how the call went, but they reacted pretty immature. But I love them, I hope they better.

 

I think the referees talk way to much myself. Call the game. IMO alot of technicals would be avoided if the refs would call the game and not get into conversations. They are the sheriff, what they say goes. Why take it any farther?

Not only that, but you don't know what type of punishment Cousins had to go through at practice. I got a yellow card or two in my day playing high school soccer (the equivalent for a technical at times). I would get my butt chewed, put back in the game and then would have a great time at the next practice lol.

 

 

I thought this was a sports forum.

Can't wait to reference this thread if Cousins actually costs his team a game because he's a punk. Elbows, technicals...etc.

 

UK fans will call him immature but if he was a Blue Devil he'd be a thug. And I am by NO means a Duke fan.

 

If he was at Memphis I would call him a thug! :lol::lol:

I thought this was a sports forum.

 

Thank you for your input on my post.

I was listening to some local radio today... some UC guys wished that Gates played with the intensity that Boogie has.

The thing that has impressed me the most about Calipari is his communication skills in handling his players, the media, the fans etc. I have 100% confidence that Coach Cal does and will continue to coach Cousins in the way that is most effective for Cousins and the team.

 

Coach Cal has a way of covering for his kids smoothing things out. However, All I saw on the Sidelines was Cousins talking back for several minutes. Bledsoe did the same thing in the Louisville game. He could not get him to stop. They play hard and are emotional. It will continue just hope it dosent come back to haunt us in a big game

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.