Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision by Coach Cal

Featured Replies

You seem to be reading too much into the answers. Ts happen. Usually, they are not acceptable. Cousins was unacceptable and he paid the price with a good butt-chewing on the sidelines from Coach Cal.

 

Not only that, but you don't know what type of punishment Cousins had to go through at practice. I got a yellow card or two in my day playing high school soccer (the equivalent for a technical at times). I would get my butt chewed, put back in the game and then would have a great time at the next practice lol.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seem to be reading too much into the answers. Ts happen. Usually, they are not acceptable. Cousins was unacceptable and he paid the price with a good butt-chewing on the sidelines from Coach Cal.

 

As to your question, Coach Cal gets paid to make decisions and to counsel his players. Cousins didn't get another T even though he caught one in the chops.

 

So, I had no problem with it.

 

I completely agree with this.

I love Coach Calipari but, was anyone else disappointed when he put Cousins back in the game yesterday after the technical? Not just because he got one but because of his reaction to Coach Cal afterward. If I'm his HS coach, there is no way I put him back in an risk him getting him and I ejected from this game and the next. I realize college is different and so are college coaches but the game was never really in doubt. I thought it would have been a good lesson to DC.

 

Thoughts?

 

Not at all, did you see the way Demarcus reacted when the Vandy player threw an elbow to his chin? He takes more cheat shots than he gives.

Not at all, did you see the way Demarcus reacted when the Vandy player threw an elbow to his chin? He takes more cheat shots than he gives.

 

I do agree that Cousins does take quite a few shots in the course of a game. He just has to learn how to handle them better. IF he will stop reacting and doing foolish things himself, he will start to get those calls. Until he does, the officials will continue to focus on him.

 

As far as Calipari, I think he is handling Cousins just fine. Even with the issues, Cousins is still producing. He may be the best big man in the SEC right now.

Can't wait to reference this thread if Cousins actually costs his team a game because he's a punk. Elbows, technicals...etc.

 

UK fans will call him immature but if he was a Blue Devil he'd be a thug. And I am by NO means a Duke fan.

Can't wait to reference this thread if Cousins actually costs his team a game because he's a punk. Elbows, technicals...etc.

 

UK fans will call him immature but if he was a Blue Devil he'd be a thug. And I am by NO means a Duke fan.

 

And if he were a baseball player, and a Yankee he would just be a hard nosed player. :sssh::popcorn:

 

We've been over this before. If he's on your team you love him, if he's not you hate him, and he's a punk. It's as simple as that.

And if he were a baseball player, and a Yankee he would just be a hard nosed player. :sssh::popcorn:

 

We've been over this before. If he's on your team you love him, if he's not you hate him, and he's a punk. It's as simple as that.

 

I always rooted against Milton Bradley when he was on the Dodgers, so I would say this has exceptions. Cousins is become the exception for my wife. We were debating what a thug he was the other day and right when she was trying to tell me how he wasn't, what happens? He gets a technical, end of argument.

And if he were a baseball player, and a Yankee he would just be a hard nosed player. :sssh::popcorn:

 

We've been over this before. If he's on your team you love him, if he's not you hate him, and he's a punk. It's as simple as that.

 

Not really. A punk is a punk, regardless of your affiliation. You can say you like him as a player because he's on your team but, for pete's sake, don't portray him as a kind soul because he jokes around on camera.

 

Love A-Rod's abilities and glad he's a Yankee. Would LOVE to pick his brain about baseball and hitting. Wouldn't want him to coach my kids team......

And if he were a baseball player, and a Yankee he would just be a hard nosed player. :sssh::popcorn:

 

We've been over this before. If he's on your team you love him, if he's not you hate him, and he's a punk. It's as simple as that.

 

Well said !!! He is our ENFORCER every team has one .:D

I always rooted against Milton Bradley when he was on the Dodgers, so I would say this has exceptions. Cousins is become the exception for my wife. We were debating what a thug he was the other day and right when she was trying to tell me how he wasn't, what happens? He gets a technical, end of argument.

 

You rooted against the Cats way before Cousins arrival .:rolleyes:

You rooted against the Cats way before Cousins arrival .:rolleyes:

 

Yes, I did. But it just gas I use to fuel the flame right now. With Cal's record in the past, odds on he'll have a replacement before long. And my wife still actively roots for the Cats, we pick at each other about it a lot.

Not only that, but you don't know what type of punishment Cousins had to go through at practice. I got a yellow card or two in my day playing high school soccer (the equivalent for a technical at times). I would get my butt chewed, put back in the game and then would have a great time at the next practice lol.

 

:thumb: Exactly what I was thinking. I bet pratice was not fun for Cousins!

On Cal's radio show he said DC got nailed in the mouth on purpose and he asked the ref why he didn't call it. He said the ref said he saw it and should have called it. This stuff goes on every game almost and the refs let it go. It's easy for us fans to say he has to take it and go on. I wonder how many of you guys would not say a word or do something back after getting nailed game in and game out because you are big and have an attitude for retaliation once in a while. If the refs would stop all the cheap shots going on under the basket trying to aggrevate him, the problem would be solved.

On Cal's radio show he said DC got nailed in the mouth on purpose and he asked the ref why he didn't call it. He said the ref said he saw it and should have called it. This stuff goes on every game almost and the refs let it go. It's easy for us fans to say he has to take it and go on. I wonder how many of you guys would not say a word or do something back after getting nailed game in and game out because you are big and have an attitude for retaliation once in a while. If the refs would stop all the cheap shots going on under the basket trying to aggrevate him, the problem would be solved.
There will be some that will say they would not retaliate.:sssh: I can say I wouldn't, doesn't make it true. It is easy to say I wouldn't if I am not in Cousins shoes.

So I guess what a lot of you all are saying , he is suppose to let the other team push , shove and cheap shot him as well as trash talk him and not respond or react . Iam not 18 ,quiet a bit older but still play in leagues and so forth and I won't take it so why would I expect him too . Go be that Enforcer Couz, hold your ground Big Guy . Does anyone remember Michael Graham for Georgetown in 1984 he put fear in his opponents ?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.