Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision by Coach Cal

Featured Replies

Sometimes the coach needs to side with the officials and scold the player. Sometimes the coach needs to scold the officials and side with the player. Sometimes it's somewhere in the middle.

 

I'd say this incident ended up somewhere in the middle.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wouldn't. That's a HS rule.

 

 

 

 

 

So why are we talking about high school? :confused:

What ever Coach Cal decides within the rules is just fine with me. It is hilarious how some want to critisize him.

That makes no sense--completely different situation. It's his job to talk to the officials. It's not DC's.

 

Its not his job to get technicals. Both got T'd up for saying things they shouldn't.

 

Demarcus got it under control and finished the game without incident. Not sure where your gripe is.

Cousins shouldn't have said anything to the ref, but the punishment in this case was the technical foul. No reason to bench him for argueing a call.

  • Author
So why are we talking about high school? :confused:

 

I guess because people don't read posts all the way through.

  • Author
Its not his job to get technicals. Both got T'd up for saying things they shouldn't.

 

Demarcus got it under control and finished the game without incident. Not sure where your gripe is.

 

It absolutely IS his (Stallings) job to get technicals, if he feels it is necessary. You don't think coaches try influence officials to get a win?

I guess because people don't read posts all the way through.

 

 

I did read all of your post through. Why are you talking about being his high school coach? Cousins is in college, and this is a college forum. It makes no sense.

  • Author

Just so I get this straight, you guys are fine with college players getting technicals for running their mouths whenever they want?

Just so I get this straight, you guys are fine with college players getting technicals for running their mouths whenever they want?

 

You seem to be reading too much into the answers. Ts happen. Usually, they are not acceptable. Cousins was unacceptable and he paid the price with a good butt-chewing on the sidelines from Coach Cal.

 

As to your question, Coach Cal gets paid to make decisions and to counsel his players. Cousins didn't get another T even though he caught one in the chops.

 

So, I had no problem with it.

Just so I get this straight, you guys are fine with college players getting technicals for running their mouths whenever they want?

 

 

I didn't see where one person stated that they have no problem with a player running his mouth whenever he wants. The question you asked is if anyone was disappointed that Coach Cal put Cousins back in the game after his technical yesterday.

  • Author
I did read all of your post through. Why are you talking about being his high school coach? Cousins is in college, and this is a college forum. It makes no sense.

 

Just trying to make a point. If they had HS rules and you were DC's coach, would you trust him enough to put him back in a game with one technical? Since this is college, as you so astutely pointed out, that leads me to the point in my last post --do you care if college players get technicals for running their mouth? Just thought it was a good time to teach DC a lesson.

  • Author
I didn't see where one person stated that they have no problem with a player running his mouth whenever he wants. The question you asked is if anyone was disappointed that Coach Cal put Cousins back in the game after his technical yesterday.

 

Cal's quote (and 1 or 2 posts) seems to imply that. I was just asking. Was there a comment about yesterday's technical?

  • Author
You seem to be reading too much into the answers. Ts happen. Usually, they are not acceptable. Cousins was unacceptable and he paid the price with a good butt-chewing on the sidelines from Coach Cal.

 

As to your question, Coach Cal gets paid to make decisions and to counsel his players. Cousins didn't get another T even though he caught one in the chops.

 

So, I had no problem with it.

 

I agree with that. I also wouldn't have been disappointed to see him sit the rest of the game because it was an "unacceptable" technical.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.