January 10, 201016 yr We can talk all we want about Carson, but it's about turnovers. Flacco's QB rating today is 10. What turnovers did we have? Oh yeah Carson's interception and Laveraneus's fumble, both ended up giving them no points. It's about Carson and the OC. If we fire Bradkoski and Carson starts performing then maybe I'll decide all along it was OC issues. But honestly Carson is so horribly inaccurate these days it's going to take a lot of convincing. Our turnovers were not even an issue this season.
January 10, 201016 yr I believe Cincinnati has some of the poorest sports fans in the country as evidenced by this thread. They were picked anywhere from 4-7 wins by most of the national and local media and they win 10 games and their division and people are still miserable. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
January 10, 201016 yr What turnovers did we have? Oh yeah Carson's interception and Laveraneus's fumble, both ended up giving them no points. It's about Carson and the OC. If we fire Bradkoski and Carson starts performing then maybe I'll decide all along it was OC issues. But honestly Carson is so horribly inaccurate these days it's going to take a lot of convincing. Our turnovers were not even an issue this season. Coles' fumble was huge. We came out and got the ball on the 35. Any points on that opening drive would have been HUGE.
January 10, 201016 yr As far as Graham being a "franchise" kicker, I am tired of everyone saying that. They used the franchise tag on him to save money and that's it. Not a chance he is back next year. I don't know how many people I heard at the game say so much for our franchise kicker like we singed him because he was the best kicker ever.
January 10, 201016 yr Coles' fumble was huge. We came out and got the ball on the 35. Any points on that opening drive would have been HUGE. Obviously, but my point is they didn't get anything out of that turnover. We got them to punt and came down and scored the next possession.
January 10, 201016 yr Carson needs another WR to give him someone to throw to. He did have a bad game but I think he is far from the problem.
January 11, 201016 yr Carson needs another WR to give him someone to throw to. He did have a bad game but I think he is far from the problem. Will they have the money to spend on another WR, and if so would Brown spend more of his money to do so???
January 11, 201016 yr Will they have the money to spend on another WR, and if so would Brown spend more of his money to do so??? Yes, I think it is an uncapped year. You know the answer to the second question.
January 11, 201016 yr Next year will not be uncapped. The NFLPA and the owners will get something worked out. The players are beginning to realize that an uncapped year isn't all that they originally thought.
January 11, 201016 yr Well I have not read this whole thread, but I am going to assume we have people saying the Bengals need a new QB or something of that sort. Yeah I can't argue that Palmer played bad yesterday. The whole team did besides Benson, it was not pretty. However if people honestly believe that the Bengals need a new QB, or need to start looking for one then I think you are crazy. Yes Palmer has not put up the numbers like he did in 2005 and 2006. A lot of things has changed on this team since then, which I have talked about a lot so no need to go into that again. The fact is this team this season was basically the same guys as the 4-11-1 team that we had last year. The defense was basically the same except having Rey Magulagua, and the offense was actually more talented last year. The one thing we didn't have for the whole season was Palmer. Even though he has not put up those numbers, he is still a big reason for why we even have some success like this. Without him, this team is just a bad team. He was the QB of a playoff team, so he really is not that bad people and we should be happy to have him. How many QB's did we have to go through before we found a reliable QB in him? Its not that easy to just go out and get a QB who will definitely do well. Right now is he an elite QB anymore no, is he a QB we should give up on not at all. This team can win with him and has won with him. Even though it was an ugly game yesterday, we still were a playoff team. Get a few more weapons for him to throw to, and probably a whole new offense to run with a new coordinator and we probably would see him do better and get back to the elite. However if we stay with the Brat and we don't do much to help the Receiver core, then Palmer's career might not get back to what it was. We shall see. Here is hoping to them at least getting rid of the Brat this off season, I think that would solve a lot of things.
January 11, 201016 yr ^ A lot of us believe that. If they bring back the Brat and Graham I might join the need a new team thread. :laugh:
January 11, 201016 yr ^ A lot of us believe that. If they bring back the Brat and Graham I might join the need a new team thread. :laugh: Forget Graham, as kickers come & go; but Brat is a serious joke, and it really showed in this game. After watching the Bengal's debacle, I tuned in on the Cowboys-Eagles game, and while I'm not a big supporter of either; watching the Cowboy's "O" vs. Cincy's, was like seeing a quality AAU basketball team vs. an 8th grade "B" team? The schemes were frightfully amatuerish vs. professional. I've long believed Brat is clueless, but yesterday clinched the deal. I also believe that something is physically wrong with Palmer's arm? He throws totally different than previously, won't step into his throws, and his accuracy is awful. My take is fix him, or replace him; in the NFL the future is now!! The Bengals have long been a team that plays "not to lose" vs. one that "plays to win". Obviously not going to get the ownership change that's needed, but unless something is done to fix the offense; next year will be back to the mundane!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.