January 10, 201016 yr They are the 2nd best......The Jets....not so much......... The Bengals also didn't lose by 27 points... and it could have been worse if Florida wanted it to.
January 10, 201016 yr Marvin Lewis showed to me, again, that he is horrible with game management. All season long he has shown how inept he is at managing the clock. But today, he used BOTH challenges IN THE 1ST QUARTER on 2 calls that were not even CLOSE to being controversial. Horrible game by Marvin. I really hope that we get a new offensive coordinator. I love the way that the Bengals run the ball, but you can tell that there is no rhythm on offense. Palmer and the WR's are not on the same page in terms of the routes. It's pretty pathetic. And it lasted all season. When we came out with a gameplan that involved an aerial attack (i.e. San Diego), we looked great. Every other week it seemed like we were completely lost if we were going to pass the ball. Get rid of Bratkowski. Shayne Graham is bad. He hasn't hit a clutch kick his entire career. Some of St. Louis's struggles can be attributed to Graham, but the fact remains that Brad St. Louis sucked too. Cutting St. Louis was the correct decision (and long overdue.) Graham should be gone, too. I hope we re-sign Mike Zimmer. I love the man's fire and he had the defense playing very well. All in all, I am disappointed. But, I am realistic. The Jets are a very, very good football team. Their biggest weakness is Sanchez at QB, and they did a great job of winning the game through other facets of the game. Sanchez is talented, but at the end of the day he's still a rookie. NY had a great gameplan & Sanchez handled the game brilliantly. As I said, I'm disappointed, yet I remain optimistic about the Bengals' future. Next season will be extremely challenging in terms of our schedule, but with a few changes in the staff (read: offensive coordinator) and a few additions (read: another playmaker on offense), we'll be alright.
January 10, 201016 yr That 30 year old barrier is usually pretty firm in football no matter how many carries you have. It would be foolish to count on him being a top tier running back for 6 more years. He's a big back, those kind of guys tend to flame out quicker. Whoa whoa whoa, who is talking about #32 being around for 6 more years? I'd be very happy with 3 more. Benson has been great, but I think we'll see a lot more B. Scott next year. He's so quick. Lost in all of this thread is the play of Laverneus Coles. If he doesn't fumble on the opening possession, things may have been very, very different.
January 10, 201016 yr The Bengals also didn't lose by 27 points... and it could have been worse if Florida wanted it to. Are you really comparing who lost worse between a college bowl game and an NFL game? How is that supposed to prove anything? How about this score: 61-14 the last 2 weeks against the Jets, that's all that's relative in this thread.
January 10, 201016 yr The Bengals also didn't lose by 27 points... and it could have been worse if Florida wanted it to. C'mon buddy, let the comparisons go. College v. Pro is apples to oranges. Carson Palmer will have surgery on his thumb next week.
January 10, 201016 yr Ced just turned 27, and you can take off two years that he really didn't play much. He still has 6 good years left. Whoa whoa whoa, who is talking about #32 being around for 6 more years? I'd be very happy with 3 more. Benson has been great, but I think we'll see a lot more B. Scott next year. He's so quick. Lost in all of this thread is the play of Laverneus Coles. If he doesn't fumble on the opening possession, things may have been very, very different. Just quoting FairFan.
January 10, 201016 yr C'mon buddy, let the comparisons go. College v. Pro is apples to oranges. Carson Palmer will have surgery on his thumb next week. Comparing the GT Charlie Brown post to how his squad did. Other kept bringing up how the Jets compare to Florida in he college V pro debate. I'm disappointed, but those calling the Bengals out as the "same ole Bengals" are a joke.
January 10, 201016 yr That 30 year old barrier is usually pretty firm in football no matter how many carries you have. It would be foolish to count on him being a top tier running back for 6 more years. He's a big back, those kind of guys tend to flame out quicker. Rickey Williams had one of his best years. I think he is a perfect example of a player in his 30's that took off a while.
January 10, 201016 yr C'mon buddy, let the comparisons go. College v. Pro is apples to oranges. Carson Palmer will have surgery on his thumb next week. Speaking of which. From watching Palmer play with his thumb messed up I noticed how awkward some of his handoffs were. That made me question how much it affected some of their play calling. With his thumb like that it essentially made it impossible to run a play action pass where he had to fake to his right. So when th put the ball in his right hand he pretty much had to hand it off--do you think that is something that defenses could pick up on early enough to cause problems?
January 10, 201016 yr Rickey Williams had one of his best years. I think he is a perfect example of a player in his 30's that took off a while. I would think not being stoned on game days also helped his cause . . . .
January 10, 201016 yr Comparing the GT Charlie Brown post to how his squad did. Other kept bringing up how the Jets compare to Florida in he college V pro debate. I'm disappointed, but those calling the Bengals out as the "same ole Bengals" are a joke. GT isn't a Bengals fan and has been waiting for the Bengals' season to end so he could tell you how stupid you are for being a fan. The Bengals had a season with lots of ups & downs. But, in the end, they had a home playoff game. It was a disappointing end, but all in all it was an enjoyable season. Don't let the "I told you so" group get into your head. It is what it is, and I had a blast this season.
January 10, 201016 yr I would think not being stoned on game days also helped his cause . . . . Ced could have some skeletons too. Just not as public. :thumb:
January 10, 201016 yr Speaking of which. From watching Palmer play with his thumb messed up I noticed how awkward some of his handoffs were. That made me question how much it affected some of their play calling. With his thumb like that it essentially made it impossible to run a play action pass where he had to fake to his right. So when th put the ball in his right hand he pretty much had to hand it off--do you think that is something that defenses could pick up on early enough to cause problems? They didn't run much play action, if any, tonight. Which is very disappointing. But, I think when Palmer did run PA, he faked as if he was handing off with the proper hand. I'm sure it had an effect. I hope it's fixed next season.
January 10, 201016 yr Speaking of which. From watching Palmer play with his thumb messed up I noticed how awkward some of his handoffs were. That made me question how much it affected some of their play calling. With his thumb like that it essentially made it impossible to run a play action pass where he had to fake to his right. So when th put the ball in his right hand he pretty much had to hand it off--do you think that is something that defenses could pick up on early enough to cause problems? Rushing the ball didn't seem to be the Bengals' problem this game or this year, whether the defenses were tipped off or not. No passing game and an unimaginative OC were the Bengals' problems.
January 10, 201016 yr Rickey Williams had one of his best years. I think he is a perfect example of a player in his 30's that took off a while. For every player like Williams there's 10 more that hit the wall at age 30. You can't afford to think that you're player is going to be the exception to the rule. That's how teams get stuck with players too long or invest money in veterans who never come close to their previous numbers.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.